POF or TIMNEY tiggers?

carpsniperg2

I use ALG triggers or rra 2 stage for most of my builds.

However I am wanting to step it up a bit for a long range AR10 build. So I am wanting to know what you guys think is a better trigger. I have run timney's on bolt guns but not in the AR platform.

Originally Posted By: carpsniperg2I use ALG triggers or rra 2 stage for most of my builds.

However I am wanting to step it up a bit for a long range AR10 build. So I am wanting to know what you guys think is a better trigger. I have run timney's on bolt guns but not in the AR platform.

ive got a 3lb timney in my dpms right now, and to be honest, im not impressed by it. ill try my best to explain why, the trigger was pretty easy to install, but after 1 range trip and dry firing the trigger quite a bit ive gotten used to it and i can honestly say even though there is only a extremely small amount of pre-travel[maybe 1/16th"]the trigger is gritty during that time until it breaks[its hard to feel but it is there] the tirgger does not feel like 3lbs but maybe 4-5 lbs but i do not have a trigger gauge so i can not say for sure. do yourself a favor and buy a geissele trigger of your choosing, i know my timney wont be around much longer i just cant afford a geissele right now

I run the 3lb timney in 2 AR15s. Both break right on 3lb on 2 different trigger gauges. I have no creep in either of them.
Get your timney at Joe Bobs on the forum here at $189 shipped if you decide that way.

Originally Posted By: 5spdI run the 3lb timney in 2 AR15s. Both break right on 3lb on 2 different trigger gauges. I have no creep in either of them.
Get your timney at Joe Bobs on the forum here at $189 shipped if you decide that way. i got mine from joe bobs and they are excellent to do business with,just wish i could return my timney for store credit and apply that to a magpul prs that i oh so desperately need
cool.gif

I appreciate all the feedback guys. I have never been a huge timney fan myself but if there AR trigger is good to go I was going to give them a shot.

I am leaning more towards the POF. Not sure if the standard model at 4.5 or the enhanced trigger placement at 4 lbs would be better.

OH and I am about as big of joe bob fan as you will find. I have ran 5 orders threw them in the last month and a half. I am pretty much just signing my pay check over to them LOL.

interesting I am surprised to hear that. I would of thought it would have said something about that in the product description.

Like the ALG triggers say tuned by geissele.

I have one 3lb Timney in my 5.56 AR (one in my deer rifle, but bolt and AR actions are totally different ballgame).

I can honestly say this will be my last. It's not a bad trigger by any means, but it will not run my .22 upper. Plus, I think you need to go with the 4lb for AR-10 platform.

I'd recommend the Geissele. It has power enough for all mil-surp primers and .22lr.

Just seen that when I looked at them the one I seen said milspec then 3.5-4 lb would be great Wilson builds really nice stuff I just got a barrel from them shoots great. Good luck with your choice sure any way you go will be good.

.Make sure if you go with Wilson to email any questions you have they email you within 10 to 15 min if you call you will be on hold for a long time but they have awesome customer service.

Back