Plum Crazy lower - my quick review

Anyone still getting lowers? I ordered mine on Febuary 9th and still don't have them. I haven't been able to get anyone to answer the phone in the shop in the past week either. Starting to get a little frustrated, and just wondered if anyone knows whats going on. I ordered from the guys on Gunbroker

I can't say about the Gunbroker guys. I ordered mine from Brasshound. I have already received it. Sorry, I can't help you.

kevlars

I am waiting for an order to ship myself. Looks like parts not being shipped to them as fast as they are needed to keep up with our demand. I would give these guys a little time to get things flowing more efficient. To be honest, the entire industry is trying to catch up again. I bet the order I am sending out now, (another 25) will not help matters much either..

Brasshound

I just got mine today. Ordered them on the first of February, but he said it was a pre order and then he had a death in the family. They are nice and will make a great lightweight hunting gun or truck rifle. I think they are pretty neat and you can't go wrong for 99 bucks. Plus he sent me a free T-shirt for having to wait thanks Junior.

I ordered two of these through Brasshound on the first go-around. I imediatly liked the way it fit my upper!! No slop what so ever!! I finally got out today and shot it and it worked flawlessly!!! I carried it around for quite a while and the weight of the whole gun was noticablly lighter!!! I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but I'm very pleased!!! The trigger is not a bench type warm and fuzzy snap, but I've got to say that it was much better than I anticipated!!!! All in all, I'm very happy with this lower and would highly recomend it to others!!!

Hamer

Is there any idea how to shave the hammer for use with a non-shrouded carrier?or i wonder if it hurts to just put a steel hammer in it?..I saw a pic of what a non-shrouded bolt carrier does to em....uuuugly............X

Chews/melts the sides of the hammer off,,i saw pics of it on ar15.com..I was thinking about seeing where it gets marked after a couple rounds then removing that amount,,but i dont want light hammer strikes lol.

Interesting, there are twelve pages, and I got a little frust.. reading all the bash..
Looks to me, it would not matter what material was used with that bolt carrier assembly it looks to be a dimension issue.. I did see that the owner just cleaned up the edge, and went on..

Tex, the distributor told me he was combining the two orders (53) and shipping tomorrow.. I will let you know what I hear.

Yeah i thought all the nose snubbing was a bit much,,but you gotta remember alot of those guys are spoiled urban rambos lol,,,i was just concerned because one of my bolts are unshrouded,,so it already cannot be used with a notched hammer,,so it was going on a plum crazy,,,now im not so sure.

and on a regular width,steel non-notched hammer,,the non shrouded bolt carrier works fine,,,the extra beef on the plum crazy hammer gives it issues,,,so you might wanna pass it along,,cause there are alot of non-shrouded bolts out there.

Originally Posted By: coyotexbut you gotta remember alot of those guys are spoiled urban rambos

lol.gif

Ain't this the truth, sometimes I wonder if some of them have even shot an AR ever, let alone anything they build. Too many, self made gunsmiths/geniuses via the internet; also if it is not the most expensive parts, then it is junk. There is alot of good info over on arfcom, but you need to be able sift through the BS.
thumbup1.gif

The fire controls have an unconditional warranty. If what the picture shows to be the issue, I would let the hammer clearance itself, and then clean it up a bit.

I will forward on the info, and let you know what they say.

Brasshound..

Like my Grandpa used to say,

"Run it hard. If it can't handle it we'll know in short order. Then we'll get something that will."

As Brasshound said, if my BC chews up the outter edges of the hammer, I'll be doing the let the hammer clearance itself, then clean it up procedure.

Just got off the phone with dist.
He says, the fire controls were designed for mil-spec ARs..
Seems the bolt shroud in question would be from a non mil-spec design. (Have not seen one myself)
He suggests they purchase an extra hammer for the day they may need it. (will get that number for us)

Brasshound.

Well the non-shrouded BCG is very much mill spec,,the newer design of hammers work well with them,,the older style hammers with a notch up front,,will not..best way to tell if yours is non-shrouded,,if you can see 1/2 inch or so of the back of your firing pin,,its un shrouded...I was just making sure everyone got the heads up about it,,so noone blamed it on the Plum Crazy design,,,because a few may be building "beater" rifles with them and possibly using that type of bolt(most of the uppers in the 1980s used these soley) hope this helps......X

Just watched some testing down on the new polymer 10/22. The Ruger engineer stated that the stuff they were using said it was five times stronger than aluminum.

Back