Please share your most accurate 22-250 hand load

N 140 and 52 gr Berger Match kills coyotes good, shoots good. No huge holes yet. All 3 shot groups

100YDS
image.jpg1_zpsvgdptpcu.jpg

200YDS
image.jpg1_zpsplksffna.jpg

500 YDS
image.jpg1_zpsmirdpwon.jpg

MasterBlaster

Originally Posted By: MasterBlasterN 140 and 52 gr Berger Match kills coyotes good, shoots good. No huge holes yet. All 3 shot groups

100YDS

200YDS

500 YDS

MasterBlaster

Very nice! What is your rate if twist?

Originally Posted By: coyote697435.5 grains of IMR 4064 under a 55 grain Sierra Game King HP. 3550 FPS .5 to .75 inch groups at 100 yards.
Thats the same load I run in my savage with 55 grain sierra 1365 bullet,Scary accurate

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tomcat388thOriginally Posted By: coyote697435.5 grains of IMR 4064 under a 55 grain Sierra Game King HP. 3550 FPS .5 to .75 inch groups at 100 yards.
Thats the same load I run in my savage with 55 grain sierra 1365 bullet,Scary accurate

this load is a typical load that has shot well in many rem 700's that I have shot over the years, primer choice is critical, OAL to get close tot he lands, and some guns take a little less.

The 50g Sierra spt and the Sierra 45g Spt with a tad more powder shoots like a custom benchrest rifle, also. Many overlook these bullets as coyote bullets, but they are supurb on quartering shots, coming and going.

my rem rifles like it close to the lands but my savage does better if it jumping a ditch. I think my col is 2.400 When I was setting it up, the closer I got to the lands the group would open up. My rifle is the xp hunter with nikon scope

37.5 gr. H380, Federal Maginum primer, 55gr Sierra Spitzer bullets shoot amazing out of my Savage Trophy Preditor as well as my buddies Encore.

I'd post the group if I knew how.

MasterBlaster, very interesting. This was my first load in 22-250 - a 52 Berger match target hollow point with 36.5 of Varget and a Fed210 primer. I abandoned ship on this load primarily because I wanted more explosive results on hogs and figured the 55BK had about the best BC of any old 250 bullet out there at the time (with the exception of a 53 V-MAX maybe), but I will say the bergers shot a little tighter for me at 100 & 200 yards, both. I really never tried them much at 300 or beyond, but your 500yd target there sure makes me think I ought to take another look at these! Nice work.

Originally Posted By: BowhuntOriginally Posted By: MasterBlasterN 140 and 52 gr Berger Match kills coyotes good, shoots good. No huge holes yet. All 3 shot groups

100YDS

200YDS

500 YDS

MasterBlaster

Very nice! What is your rate if twist? It's a 12 twist.

This is a max load so proceed accordingly. It shoots fine in my rifle with no pressure signs. This group was shot off of a cardboard box on the hood of my car. It shoots like this all day long. I use the same load with the 55gr and the Speer 52gr HP. They shoot to same poi except the 55gr shoots maybe a half inch lower than the 52gr. Oh yhea, Rem 788...

IMG_0167_zpshcyi6zqk.jpg

36 gr Varget and a 55 gr bullet with a Winchester primer has been quite accurate in multiple rifles I have loaded for. Different rifles have shot better with different bullets though. My current Browning Varmint Stalker shoots tiny 5 shot groups with Nosler Ballistic Tips.

37.4 gr IMR 4320

52 gr Berger MV

Winchester case

CCI large rifle primer

Shoots equally well in any of my 22-250's and anchors critters hard.

It's a max load so be careful.

38.5 Varget
50 Gr. VMax
Rem. 9.5 Primer

.31" groups - Also max load, care required.

Funny, but I've owned several 22.250's and usually shy away from max loads when reloading any caliber, but every single one of my 250's prefer things "hot"...

Varget and 4064 for powder. Lots of good bullets. Sierra MKs and Bergers have been the most consistently accurate bullets for me in 22 cal across many guns.

My 22-250 LVSF likes 36.5 g of Varget behind a 40 g Nosler BT.

Back