Places to buy AR's Used

taptigers_tap

I am getting very interested in purchasing an AR but having a hard time finding sites for used ones already set up. Any help will be appreciated.

Alliance, and welcome to the forums! How's the predator population back that way? I sure saw a lot along the hiway and RR tracks last fall, while working back your way. (work for BNSF)

Russ

Not locally, although there is a gun show in Alliance this coming weekend. Might find something, there will be plenty there. What exactly are you looking for? Or are you like me and you'll know it when you see it, lol. There's a good gunsmith in town that has made several barrels and uppers for me, he's reasonable and good. Might be worth looking into.

Russ

Tap, you really don't have to find a complete gun at once. Any MilSpec lower is going to mate with a MilSpec upper. Focus on finding a good, flat-top upper. Keep in mind that bull barrels get heavy quick but the mid-weight's have plenty of accuracy for what we're doing, and way more functional as a walking varminter. The lowers can be had from a slew of places, but at some point you'll probably want a better trigger.

If you're hesitant about doing any building yourself, there's a ton of information here and vids all over the net that cover all steps.... and you'll enjoy making it evolve on your own as you learn more about what you want.

Enjoy...

Just build a new one. People ask some outrageous prices for their used ones. Some folks think that b/c they paid $1000 that they should get $1000 back out of it after they have fired 1000 rounds.

One plus to a used AR,,you should be able to tell what kinda shooter it is,the weapons factory ammo likes/dislikes and the break in process(depending on which one you believe in)is done....not to mention function/tweaking has usually been taken care of for you...............X

Originally Posted By: taptigers_tapDarrenhefley...... I would be interested in your input on putting on together for that. taptigers_tap@yahoo

Check model one sales and delton, both affordable build kits.

For the lower if you go with a plumb crazy or a cav arms polymer lower complete receiver with a stock for less than or the same as a stripped upper. There are plenty of places including many site sponsors that can set you up with a good upper for a reasonable price, and a couple of them even carry the Plumb Crazy lowers.

I know it would be a long drive from the sandhills of NE, but I have seen some good deals on used rifles at Scheels in Millard (I believe), there is also a store in Lincoln NE. The Lincoln location does not have near the selection as the Millard store, especially on used AR`s.
Another down side is they don`t advertise their sales, perhaps you could call and ask if and what they have available??
Welcome to PM`s
I used to stay near Sutherland for a short time.

I sent you a pm a couple of minutes ago. A word of advice though, the fever never breaks. One will never be enough and eventually you'll have more AR accessories than you can count and a closet full of evil black rifles.

You've been warned!!

Back