placed my Specialized Dynamics order today!!

BRIZ

just gotta tel you all how impressed i am with Scott M. and Specialized Dynamics!! (and i havent even got the rifle yet!!!!)

i searched this site and the web for days TRYING to find something negitive about this guy and shop, to no eveal. EVERYTHING that i found was nothing but good, almost to the point of sounding too good to be true!!

but im here to tell you all, HE IS THE FOR REAL DEAL!!!!!!

let me explain:

talk about customer service!! Scott, even with being busey with the shot show and the PM hunt not to mention running the shop and being a husband and daddy, answerd ALL my (sometimes ignorant) questions without any problem or delay. He offerd advice and recomended differant things to me along the whole process.
i changed my mind about 3 or 4 differant times concerning componets and the like, each time was not a problem with him.

this is a lost art it seems anymore. you can tell he is the type that treats others as he would want to be treated and takes pride in all his work!

Scott is a great busness man and it shows! i will give him all my buesness from now on concerning AR's! i hope i can meet up with him and shake his hand one day.

scott, keep doing what your doing man, you have my respect and admeration, im sure that others feel the same!!

I can second everything you just said. While I don't have the pleasure of owning anything from Scott yet, I'll most likely fix that this year. At the PM hunt though, Scott went out of his way and stayed up past oh'dark thirty to help me install a component that I hadn't even bought from him! How cool is that? He'll definintely be getting some AR business from me.

I have 2 of Scott's AR'S you will be well pleased with your purchace
thumbup.gif
Congrats!!

Scott helped a lot of people at that hunt and you hit the nail on the head "He is the real deal". I don't own anything that Scott has built but you can bet that If I ever needed anything for my AR or bought a new one I would go through him. Just a all around great guy. Rick

I must say, in my experience with scott, he is definately a class act! I am very happy that he/his shop, is building my AR upper. And he will definately be getting more of my service (and possibly some family members) in the future!

+1 to scott in my book as well.

I ended up going with a:

16 inch ss fluted BHW barrel with a blast master liner comp
mid length gas system and freefloat hangaurd
SD milled upper and lower set
3 lb Timmy trigger
magpul PRS stock
Ergo grip
oversized tac-latch chargeing handle
in .223

my goal was to make a compact, somewhat light weight, accurate yote / bobcat / toothy critter slayer. im thinkning that with Scott doing the work it will turn out to be just what im wanting for sure! (not to take away anything from other builders on here, its just that Scott was the guy for me!)

like i said, i havent even got the rifle yet but i am so ready to mount up the scope, hit the range to get it dialed in, grab the new Gametrax call e-caller(that i won thanks to the PM hunt non-goers raffle)and put the hurts on some of Iowas finest "wuffs" aka coyotes!!!!

if i can figure out how i will post some pics of the rifle and hopefully (and i hate to say it) "do my part" some pics of the outcome of the first meeting of wild-e-coyote and my new SD rifle!!

Briz
i had the same experiance with Scott, i asked alot of probably dumb questions, he gave alot of advise and seemed to want to sell me what i wanted and needed and not just what he wanted to sell. after several phone calls and emails i got my rifle ordered and am trying to patiently trying to wait till it comes in. Scott also said to call anytime. guys like this seem to be few and far between today and it is appreciated. Scott has earned a loyal customer here.

+1 for Scott hes a he!! of a guy and builds a he!! of an AR.He will work with you and answer any ? you have even though he's busy. I have a SD .223 and a 6.5 on the way. Your going to LOVE it.

Originally Posted By: pitman6302+1 for Scott hes a he!! of a guy and builds a he!! of an AR.He will work with you and answer any ? you have even though he's busy. I have a SD .223 and a 6.5 on the way. Your going to LOVE it.

i know i will!! but the wait is KILLING me!! LOL

i just keep telling myself "good things come to those who wait"

FYI: it's not helping!!!!!!

i havent felt this way since i told santa that i wanted a red bicycle for christmas when i was 6 years old!!!

i know Scott will get it out to me as soon as humanly possible and it will be all that i have imagined i will be and then some!

Briz

I dont know if anyone has ever emailed a company asking questions before but usually it takes 5-15 days for a reply and the reply is of no help and just points you to a link on their website.

Well I emailed Mr. Scott saturday and he replyed this morning... BEFORE I even woke up! I replyed and had a reply back before i had even showered and eaten breakfast. I was thinking a big box company AR and still am but im also considering one from Specialized Dynamics.
grin.gif
decisions

noobie
i would think twice and really look into SD rifles over the " big box" stuff. i did and went with the SD i think you will get way more bang for about the same buck. Scott has been very good to deal with.

The more I look the more i feel that I will end up with a SDR-1 (maybe just with a handguard that doesnt have so many rails)

And the wait for a SD is quite a bit shorter than from RRA.

after shooting scott's guns -and spending some time around the man- I decided that my next AR, to be a calling rifle, will be built by him.

Not saying anything bad about any other manufacturer out there, but I just *really* liked his rifles.

I have one in a 6x45. It is scrary accurate! !! I killed 2 coyotes with it at the pm hunt. Scott builds a [beeep] fine rifle.

Noobie, All I can say is read a reply I posted on another thread this morning...
Quote:I've owned a couple of 'custom' uppers with various lowers, as well as several 'factory' offerings and even have one of the Plum Crazy/cheap upper put togethers...While it is serviceable, and reasonably accurate, it doesn't come close in comparison to the capabilities of a custom build..

As a current owner of four ARs, I can attest to the quality of the custom builders here on the forum and state that buying a factory off the rack can be somewhat of a crapshoot in comparison...Over the years, I've owned about nine ARs and while I have a factory DPMS that has always provided me with exceptional reliability and accuracy,,, I'm not sure I could say all of them would do the same, I've had two Colts that couldn't hold a candle to it...

Of the custom uppers I've owned, all have come with 'no nonsense' warranty work backups and excellent advice on choosing the parts that went into them, as well as top of the line craftsmanship...

IMHO, if you can afford the wait time and the slight extra cost for a custom build, it's the least expensive, for goods received, way to go...
It's ultimately your decision and your money....But since it is your first, and at your age, something that you will hopefully be using for a long time, get the best quality you can afford...

Back