Pigs In the Pines - First 2017 Shootem' Up Video

Gman757

This was a setup on a feeder for a guy that called me with a hog problem. He had a nice buck coming in and then the hogs showed up and screwed things up. As you can see it's pretty thick with pines and also underbrush so it will take a while to thin them out.

The hogs had been coming in from the swamp in front of me but we just had a lot of rain that evidently pushed them up to high ground. I heard them coming in from my left and behind me so I just waited for them to hit the feeder. Luckily the wind was crossing from my left to right so they never winded me.

Once the fat sow got there I lit them up. The shooting was fast and I had a lot of trees and brush in my way. I ended up killing 3 large mature sows and 1 smaller one.

The owner of the feeder was one happy guy when I called him and told him to bring his tractor so we could load up 4 sows.

The 6.8 SPC did a great job in this thick stuff with 110 grain Nosler Accubonds.

QvUWsxm.jpg

Last edited:
Great Video, congratulation on getting four(4) Sows, that will definitely slow the Breeding program down. Should make a lot of Sausage.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Fantastic. I love it.

What distance were you shooting?

LOL. It kept changing David.....I would say 40 yds.....then 20 yds....then 60 yds.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Cool Video Gman. Tough shooting in the TREES!
Where did you find the Accubonds?

These are from the last shipment I got from SSA and I'm starting to run low.

Originally Posted By: MIvarminter50well done . thanks
Originally Posted By: luderGreat shooting, now that looks like fun...
Originally Posted By: BowfisherGreat video Gman! Hard to resist the temptation to flock shoot a group like that, I can tell it's not your first rodeo.

Hey thanks guys..... I've had a few of these where I am just ripping off rounds and I learned that I have to concentrate on one target at a time or I end up missing most everything. The trees actually made me slow it down some because I was a little concerned about bouncing rounds off of the ones that were so close.

Last edited:
Back