Photon center piece

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Do you have a link to one of those adapters and lenses? I would like to read up on it.

As to batteries holding up in the Photons, mine doesn't seem to last very long if I use it much. They will also drain when left in the scope. But, for a night's hunt, a guy can make do OK if you don't leave the scope on very long at a time. Carry an extra set or two of batteries and you will be good to go.

I plan on carrying extra batteries for sure. Everything has batteries it seems for night hunting equipment. I planned on turning mine on just before i started calling and shutting it off just before leaving. i

If working properly, the little green led that comes on when you turn the scope on should turn red to give you a warning that you need to switch batteries. Of course the little battery icon in the display also lets you know how far down you are drawing on them.

I've only have a couple hunts with the Photon XT under my belt. Temps were in the low teens and I hope that's why battery life was really limited. Maybe and hour tops was all I got. I was using standard Duracell AA's Does anyone use rechargeable's? If so how are they working for you?

You do need to remember what Pmack said initially about changing the lens voiding the warranty. It is not unusual to have a warranty claim on these scopes. Sellmark is very good about warranty work usually replacing the scope with a completely new one, but I would not want to do anything to void the warranty. Now if you have one old enough to be out of warranty, then no reason not to proceed.

I have the photon 4.6 and I have noticed if you leave the batteries in there it seems to run them dead so I always take the batteries out when I'm done sounds weird but its worked for me

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpYou do need to remember what Pmack said initially about changing the lens voiding the warranty. It is not unusual to have a warranty claim on these scopes. Sellmark is very good about warranty work usually replacing the scope with a completely new one, but I would not want to do anything to void the warranty. Now if you have one old enough to be out of warranty, then no reason not to proceed.

Good point.

I had intentions of doing the conversion but have found the Photon and a good IR work for me. Only problem is the washout. Clear unobstructed view I can see to shoot farther than I care to.

Back