Patriotism...as defined by T Roosevelt.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71274/400...very progressive.
no way
ohmy.gif

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71274/400...very progressive.

Well there we have it straight from the horse's mouth, all dressed up and nowhere to go. Now my grandpa set me on the right path when I was thigh high to a mule. He infused in me the truth that liberals were bout as useful as teats on a boar hog. Warned to never trust one cause they were slicker'n snot on a doorknob.
I can't imagine what he would say about this administration, but I'm certain it couldn't be posted here. Just before he died in the 60's he warned me that LBJ wasn't worth the scrapings off his coon dogs azz. So I come by my beliefs honestly and the last one certainly applies today.

HunterBear71 said:
...but the U.S. Navy gave the man the medals and that is an actual fact.

But according to the people who actually served with him he didn't EARN those medals that he later threw away. I guess when they aren't worth anything it's easier to chuck 'em in the trash. HB, I suggest you go to the link Javafour highlighted and watch a few videos of the men who served with him. If you're a rational man with an open mind I don't see how you could possibly call this man a hero. Anybody can make a mistake until they get the facts, however it's your actions thereafter that determines your integrity.

Originally Posted By: Tnslim
HunterBear71 said:
...but the U.S. Navy gave the man the medals and that is an actual fact.

But according to the people who actually served with him he didn't EARN those medals that he later threw away. I guess when they aren't worth anything it's easier to chuck 'em in the trash. HB, I suggest you go to the link Javafour highlighted and watch a few videos of the men who served with him. If you're a rational man with an open mind I don't see how you could possibly call this man a hero. Anybody can make a mistake until they get the facts, however it's your actions thereafter that determines your integrity.

I would question the integrity of disgruntled comrades who would allow politics to influence their statements concerning a fellow veteran. Sad that these men were reduced to such petty slander. We have actually had veterans that served with Kerry come on this site and defend his war record! Kerry was swiftboated and every time I hear his name I make it a point to mention that he is a hero. It is one of the more dispicable politically motivated acts that conservatives have committed. Plenty of facts available on the subject and the statements of a few bitter individuals should certainly not be the last word regarding the honorable and heroic service of John Kerry.

Well, if that is true then why did Democrat John F. Kennedy receive 100% support of Democrat AND Republican PT-109 crewmen and of the other PT men not on his boat but pretty much that, too, of the men at his base who fought in other PT boats?

Loyalty among men who have faced death together runs high, HB, and it transcends politics and party loyalty.

A guy has to really, REALLY eff up in order to blow that. Kerry is reviled by pretty much every man and officer in that command and we cannot assume all are politically motivated conservative Republicans, HB.

You do not almost ever find this kind of wholesale public rejection--SOMETHING major happened to upset these men, something far greater than political differences. And I am in no way suggesting liberals or Democrats do not or have not served very bravely in the US military, plenty have.

Kerry is just not one of them....

You guys are going to hate me.

I took Lyle's Conservative test and...

My score was only 153/400.

I scored merely Conservative. *Hangs head in shame, kicks at rock on the ground...*

LOL, well Matt I must say that there has to be something in the drinking water up there besides fluoride. Why I wouldn't put it past those libs up there to spike the water system with flavorless, odorless koolaide. However, a constant dose of beer will clear that up I've heard.

Back