painting emblem on lower???

Originally Posted By: trukreltrogJust steal the kids crayola's, grab momma's hair dryer, done. Warm it up, put whatever color you want in the engraving. Buff off the excess. Easier than paint,,,
wink.gif

I saw a post where a guy had used this method with his XD. It looked really cool on the Springfield logo on the slide, right up until you actually shoot it and the crayon melts off.
blush.gif

Oh my ive always had the fancy for neon blue or electric blue color That would look perty fancy on an AR it would POP out but might be neat.

Man i dont even have an ar yet and im getting ideas on what im going to do with this thing.

I used whiteout, found a video on youtube. Basically paint on the whiteout, let it dry, then use some rem-oil on a cloth to clean the area. Once area is clean you have white in the recessed area.
Looks great on my AR.

ATI lower
DPMS upper

will try to post some pics at some point.

I tried the crayon first, it did not hold up at all. The whiteout has been on my rifle for over 3000 rounds and 4 full cleaning sessions with no difference. I apply rem-oil to a cloth and wipe the area every time I clean the rifle. took pictures today,all the white except the Arabic writing (Infidel) is whiteout.
My first AR build..
DSCF9420.jpg

DSCF9421.jpg

DSCF9422.jpg

DSCF9423.jpg

The lower is ATI multi caliber, I have a .22 LR upper also.
Upper is a DPMS Oracle 1/9 twist
Light is a Fenix TK12 R5 with yellow gel paper on lens.
Fenix AR102 remote switch.
Red Dot is a Vortex StrikeFire red/green
Scope is a BARSKA 6.5-20x50 AO Varmint
Magpul MBUS
ATI 6 pos rear stock
Magpul MOE handguard and enhanced trigger guard
Magpul AFG
Magpul PMAG
UTG midlength quad rail

Rifle will be getting a hydrodip soon just deciding on what pattern I want.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MABER The whiteout has been on my rifle for over 3000 rounds and 4 full cleaning sessions with no difference.

Wow, and I thought I was bad about cleaning my AR.

I saw a video on youtube of a guy that used the paint and when he buffed off the extra it kinda "polished" the finish just around the work area. It looked horrible. Have any of you had this happen?

Originally Posted By: HPWOriginally Posted By: MABER The whiteout has been on my rifle for over 3000 rounds and 4 full cleaning sessions with no difference.

Wow, and I thought I was bad about cleaning my AR.

lol I shot almost a thousand rounds the first time out. Uncle loads his own and sold his .223 so I inherited a lil under ten thousand rounds.

Originally Posted By: elimi_nateI saw a video on youtube of a guy that used the paint and when he buffed off the extra it kinda "polished" the finish just around the work area. It looked horrible. Have any of you had this happen?
DONT USE PAINT. I think the video your talking about is a guy using testors modeling paint and it just about ruined his lower.

Yep thats the one. Have you heard of this happening with the whiteout? what about the oil and toothbrush removal? I would rather go without doing this than ruin the finish on the rifle if I dont like it.

the whiteout comes right off no residue or staining. the toothbrush just gets in the recessed area better than a cloth. be liberal with the rem-oil and there are no issues.

I got brave... ended up painting mine. Pics don't do it justice, I quite enjoy it. Cheap and easy. Used a $2 bottle of nail polish, just had to have the girlfriend go buy it. I could risk being seen that that aisle. I wouldn't advise doing the color fill on the MOE grips, its hard to get all the paint off the rough plastic as you can see, but I still like it.

Last edited:
looks good noobie, I may have to take the wife with me
lol.gif

I used to have some Testor model paint, but have not seen it for awhile.
Nail polish might be a better option.
I`m leaning toward gold color to match the spider logo on the BC.

Looks better than in picture after cleaning up and scotchbrite.
Used Nail Polish that comes in a tube with brush or squeeze type of tip.
I had purchased some nail polish paint, and asked my wife for help, and she suggested this other type of applicator.
Try to post pictures of paint tubes tomorrow.

Back