P223 scope in a M223 mount?

canislatrans54

Question.......

I know that Nikon says that the "M223" one-piece scope mounts are designed for use with the M223 scopes.
However, I am wondering if they will also work with the P223 scopes...specifically the P223 3 x 32, which is a much shorter scope @ only 8.1", instead of the 11"-12.5" of the normal scopes???
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

{I have NOT had a chance to get to a store & hold either of these items in hand.}

I have been looking to possibly put a scope (for those 100-150 yd shots) on my Marlin 336Y, but don't feel I'd like a foot long scope.
So, even though it's "designed" for use with AR Carbines, I am leaning towards the 3 x 32 P223 Nikon because of it's shorter length.

Whichever mount/rings and scope I decide on, I know I'll be using a Leupold one-piece base for the Marlin 336.

The M-223 mount will work with any 1" scope. In reference to the shorter P-223 3x, I cannot say for sure. However, they do have the P-Series rings for shorter scopes. If you are wanting to scope a lever action, check out the option of using a scout scope instead.

Originally Posted By: roky0702The M-223 mount will work with any 1" scope. In reference to the shorter P-223 3x, I cannot say for sure. However, they do have the P-Series rings for shorter scopes. If you are wanting to scope a lever action, check out the option of using a scout scope instead.

Thank you for the reply. I was thinking that maybe everyone wasn't answering, because it seemed like such a stupid question.
I figured it would work. I guess my next step will be to finally get to a store & look at them together (scope & mount).

Obviously, I knew about using separate rings, but I would like to use a single mount.
As to the suggestion about the "scout"....tried it. It wasn't for me.
frown.gif

Back