Opinions on best binoculars for the money

Originally Posted By: mtbadgerI have had Alpens for the last 10 years. They were $300 when I bought them. I sent them back on warranty after they fell out of the truck and they fixed them with no problems. I dropped them again this year while cleaning out the truck. Sent them in and they replaced them. The only thing I am out is the shipping to them. I have been impressed with the quality and definately with the warranty.

I second this. Alpen isn't talked about much, but they make a great product and have a no fault lifetime warranty. I have a pair of their Ranier 8X42 which are their top of the line binocs. They are amazing optics. Well, my 8 year old son decided to sneak them out of the house when he went over to a friends house to play a few monthes back. When he came home and I discovered what he had done there was mud and grit caked into the twist up eyecups so bad that they wouldn't even budge. I called up Alpen and they said to send them in. I explained exactly what had happened. They fixed them no questions asked. All I was out was the shipping to them. Great company to deal with.

I didn't even consider alpen before now. My brother being law enforcement gets a real good discount on them too! O well, I have 2 votex scopes and im very happy with them so I can't help but think the binos are gonna do just as good. Thanks again to everyone for the input!

Shelton

Originally Posted By: claimbusterI've got two Monarch and they are very good. However, I've got an old pair of Weaver 10x42's that beats them hands down. They are made any longer.

I'm looking at the Vortex line right now and am leaning heavily that way. Really would like a pair of Swaro's but I don't have any rich uncles.

Plus one. I bought a pair of 10x42 weavers when I was 18, still have them 12 years later. If I had to get another pair I would look at the vortex

I have only used my vortex binos a few times scouting turkeys since I bought them and they are awesome so far. I'm glad I spent the extra $ on them. Great in low light especially, it's no problem picking turkeys out on the edge of a dark tree line before they roost. And as always, the warranty is the kicker. Never had to use it on either of my scopes yet but it's nice knowing it's there!

Shelton

Back