One Shot case lube spray

I need to buy some and try it, I have used the RCBS pad for a long time and it works...

I have some Imperial wax and it works also, just got used to the roll, size, wipe routine I guess.

I have never used and likely will never use one shot. Rcbs #2 with my lube pad and imperial fill my needs and I have a long long ways to go before I need to buy more. Spraying on a tray or cookie sheet or whatever just doesn't appeal to me. I have consider making a batch of the homemade lube but always decided against it for the same reason.

The homemade brew tarnished my brass and made it look like crap. Mine went in the trash. The One Shot is simple to use and works! I've used the pads and the Imperial. Still use the One Shot lube. Folks can use what works for them but the One Shot does what I need it to do.

FYI, I pulled my action out of the stock this evening and there wasn't a single bit of bedding on the barrel or the action using One Shot spray. And it came right out without any problems.

Originally Posted By: hm1996The greenies and city powers that be hatched an ordinance banning plastic bags that was crammed down our throats for a year or so. Then our State AG sued the cities that had mimicked this plan and it was retracted.

You know, I haven't noticed a bit of change in our temperatures before or after the ban, and it is sure nice having the bags back.
thumbup1.gif

Regards,
hm

Ban the bags, ban the straws, but PULEEZ don't ban the 50 (yes,
50 billion, yes, 50 BILLION) water bottles consumed in the U.S.
each year!!

On topic: One shot is great stuff. I use it on freshly cleaned
dies, and both inside and outside of the necks. It has never
failed me in umpteen years.

1 oz of lanolin and a bottle of Heet (red bottle). After using the RCBS roll pad for 30+ years and now using the homemade recipe, I probably will never use the roll pad again.
A few sprays from the bottle I mix it in and that is all you need.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogThe homemade brew tarnished my brass and made it look like crap.

Bill, were you using the pure lanolin/99% alcohol blend? Reason I ask is I've not heard any other complaints of tarnishing & was planning to switch to the mix when my one shot can goes MT soon. If I do, I'll try a small batch first time now.
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: pyscodogThe homemade brew tarnished my brass and made it look like crap.

Bill, were you using the pure lanolin/99% alcohol blend? Reason I ask is I've not heard any other complaints of tarnishing & was planning to switch to the mix when my one shot can goes MT soon. If I do, I'll try a small batch first time now.
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Yes Sir I was. Maybe I needed to wipe it off sooner, IDK?

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: pyscodogThe homemade brew tarnished my brass and made it look like crap.

Bill, were you using the pure lanolin/99% alcohol blend? Reason I ask is I've not heard any other complaints of tarnishing & was planning to switch to the mix when my one shot can goes MT soon. If I do, I'll try a small batch first time now and make the trial run before running out of One Shot.
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Yes Sir I was. Maybe I needed to wipe it off sooner, IDK?

Thank you for the reply. I'll make that a small batch of OLD brass.
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

I did use the Heat in the yellow bottles if that makes a difference. I think I read there is Heat in a red bottle. Haven't seen that if there is.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI did use the Heat in the yellow bottles if that makes a difference. I think I read there is Heat in a red bottle. Haven't seen that if there is.

I use the Imperial sizing wax in the little tin.
I’m not sure about the color differences.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI did use the Heat in the yellow bottles if that makes a difference. I think I read there is Heat in a red bottle. Haven't seen that if there is.

Aha! Think we found the problem, Bill. DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YELLOW & RED HEAT

ETA: Quote:pure methanol is non-corrosive to most metals (not including lead, magnesium and platinum) at ambient temperatures. However, coatings of copper (or copper alloys), zinc (including galvanized steel) or aluminum are attacked at high temperatures and more slowly at ambient temperatures.

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Just go to your local drug store and get 99% alcohol then you don't have to screw around with the canned heat, it works much better.

FYI, yellow HEAT is 99% methanol which is highly poisonous. According to Wikipedia, consuming as little as 1/3 oz can cause permanent blindness. Consuming 1 oz can cause death.

Backpackers use it in lightweight homemade alcohol stoves for cooking, (I have used it myself) but it's well known to avoid skin exposure, inhaling fumes, or accidental consumption/contamination.

Using HEAT/methanol with bare fingers for case lube is probably not a great idea...

After seeing this thread at the top of the list for so long i felt obligated to go give "one shot" a try tonight. I read every word on the bottle 2 times and dove in.

I cleaned the die, and sprayed it. Then took the cases 50 at time to my outdoor shop bench and sprayed the stuff at a 45° angle as they recommended.

I sized 168 cases in record time. The whole time being amazed with how smooth everything went in and out of the sizing die.

I am done using anything else for volume reloading. I love the stuff. Very sad i did not pick up on this a long time ago....... Oh well! Pulling your head out of the sand late is better than never.

I won't spray the stuff inside. I also will likely start using rubber gloves while i use it. Then wipe down all handles and such with Simple Green.

This stuff is toxic.

I've never stuck a case with Oneshot. I even spray pistol cases when I'm loading progressive with carbide dies. Makes it feel like a hot knife going through butter.

I keep a bottle of rubbing alchol in a spray bottle and gently mist the loaded rounds to dissolve any greasiness.

Last edited:
Back