on the Hunt (pun intended! hehe) for some new tires

as an update - i went with the Hankook's AT-M

turns out the coopers AT/3 were not on rebate like i was told, and even with the mileage increase i wanted the offroad traction more than i wanted the extra ~20k miles. i plan to keep the truck for another 100k - barring some catastrophic incident anyway - so either way i'm going to need two sets of tires. Might as well save the >$100 difference and put it towards the next set
smile.gif

i'm please to say that the hankook's AT-M are significantly quieter than the cooper at/3 are on the highway, at least on my vehicle. they're not touring tire for a sedan as far as road noise goes, but still quite nice!

got em put on yesterday morning and then drove a tank of gas off to break them in
smile.gif

A buddy just had a set of Michelin's installed and took a trip to Idaho. Threw the rubber off two of them. Trucks a Toyota Tacoma. I run Goodyear Wrangles on my F-150. Not a big fan of Goodyear but the price was right.

P.S. He didn't buy the optional Road Hazard Warranty and Michelin wouldn't replace the tires, not would the dealer he purchased them from.

Last edited:
ok so we had the first big snow of the year up here - 10+" and i had a BLAST driving in the snow. i am absolutely in love with these tires!

i did end up putting the 4x4 in as the day went on and the snow got deep, but mostly for the ability to dodge the idiots who were out and dont know what they're doing.

these big storms bring the kid out in me and i love to drift around corners, drive thru the slop piles and play driftbuster along the side of the road and whatnot

what a fun night - once the traffic died down anyway!

Back