olympic arms k-16 ??

Quote: Never said they were junk, so please don't put words in my mouth.

Apologies. I was just using your post (since it was on the bottom) for my reply. I should have addressed it to skeetlee.

While it does look like I was "putting words in your mouth", I was actually just making it all up as I went, not replying to anything in your post.

But re-reading it, I see how you could form that opinion.

Not my intention, though.
grin.gif

What sandhillshunter said about the mag wells is factual. I've never seen one with a tight mag well personally, but my lower is missing a bevel on the trigger-guard side of the mag well. Has no effect, unless you are using P-Mags, then you may have a seating issue. I could add the bevel in 3 minutes with a file, but I've never bothered. Or if I sent it back to Oly, they would fix it for free.
Not a concern since all my mags drop free and seat perfectly.
But it's a fact.

Last edited:
Hey Evil, I was hoping it wasn't a shot at me, as I've always held you is high regards here. I was just offering up info on Olympic to the OP. Nothing more, nothing less. I have nothing against Oly and hope you or anyone else didn't take it that way. If so, sorry! Are we cool?

Quote:Are we cool?

Always. And no aplology needed, that was just a misunderstanding caused by me by me linking off your post. I'll take the time to link to the person I'm responding to in the future (no, not really, I'm too old and lazy).
grin.gif

But this question is still valid: If Oly makes junk, and offers a lifetime warranty, how do they stay in business?

I wasn't addressing that to you, I was just saying that's a good question for the bashers on ARF. Here's what you'll get back:

*crickets*

grin.gif

But there are other good ARs out there, too. I love Oly barrels, I've never seen one that wouldn't shoot and the price is very competitive. That's about 75% of the accuracy potential in an AR right there.

And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if a K-16 shot bugholes, but I don't have any experience with them. I know for a fact the UM models will.

Quote:Thermonuclear war narrowly averted

Heh..heh, probably not quite that serious, but you never can tell. I've always figured when you're dealing with folks who's idea of fun is full camo and setting up ambushes with rifles, it's better not to have a lot of them hating your guts over a misunderstanding.

But that's just me.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Globemasterthis is my K16 with an upgraded ‘SUM’ (Stainless Ultra Match) barrel, so basically it would be considered to be an Oly-Arms™ ML-2 upper receiver … the carbine has been ultra reliable, and it’s much more accurate than I’ll ever be!
smile.gif

DSCN5480.jpg

Olympic Arms™ ML-2 … Specs and Upgrades

Upper Type: Forged Flat Top w/ Picatinny Rails
Front Sight: Gas block w/ Picatinny Rails
Handguard: Free floating Aluminum Tube w/ Knurling
Barrel: 16” Bull, (SUM) Ultra-Match 416 Stainless Steel
Chambering: .223 Remington, Minimum SAAMI Spec
Bore: Long-Life Non-Chromed Bore
Twist Rate: 1x8
Muzzle: Crown
Stock: Magpul™ CTR®
Lower: Mega™ Gator®
BUIS: Rear/ Matech® Front/ MI
Battle Grip: CAA™ UPG16® Modular
Optics: Simmons™ Whitetail Classic® 6.5-20x 50mm
Ring: Olympic Arms™ SR-1®

Very nice!!! How do you like the CAA grip?

Back