Old Plastic Weems All Call?

Sorry to bust up the other topic fellas, I just got a quick one here that my friend needs cleared up.

He picked up this old Weems call the other day from some older guy at work. This call is plastic. It unscrews into two pieces and contains a wooden housing for a metal reed. It came in a box with directions and a list of all the other wooden housed reeds available for it.

It appears to be from the 60's or 70's.

I was wondering if it is any kinda find or just another call that everyone has.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

I think I had one of those. The wood that has the reed in it was marked cottontail or jackrabbit.It was black.Cant find it now, musta misplaced it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Yeah,

This one is forest green and the wooden thing is labeled jackrabbit. They made a bunch of reeds for it including coon and some others.

I think it's pretty funny. Cool little call.

Thanks,

JOe

It’s a decent find for a collection if it’s in good shape and the box is in good shape. Rough value is between $15 and $30 I would guess depending on who is in the market for it. Does it have a Pat. # or Pat Pending on the barrel? This could put it at the top end of the value scale.
There are some color variations that are harder to get a hold of and then theres the Duel Tone which opens up another can of worms.

Todd

It says something about dual tone and it is forest green. The box is boke open on the small end but other than that its pretty nice.

Thanks Todd, I was hoping you would show up and give me the low-down.

thanks again,
Joe

Todd,

I just inspected it, it is the dual caller. There is a small hole on the side of it. The instructions say that it can be "converted" to dual call. The hole is not drilled through. I believe that you can drill a hole through the spot that they have provided.

It also has the pat# on the side. Clean unit. I think its cool as Sh!%.

Thanks,

Joe

I have about 6 of those Weem's calls left. I wore out and lost about 6. I bought them in the 60's, and still thing they are one of the best calls ever made. With the dual tone, you just covered the end with your hand and it is a squeaker. Put a finger over the small hole and an excellent cottontail (or jack) sound. With both the end and hole uncovered, you get the "dual-tone" sound. They were (and are) great calls. I would pick up another half dozen if anybody has a source.

My first call was a Weems all call.I lost it . I just recently picked up another,Dual Tone,in box with instructions. It has the Pat,.# on it.Now that I know it could be worth a whole 30 bucks... naw, I'm gona use it !!

Just a pic for the newbies to check out so they know what call your refering too.

Todd

fb801977.jpg

What Brown one? (Todd looks around the room as he has no idea what Uncle Jay referes to) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Can't give up all my call pictures. A trade secret that was taught to me in a round about way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Todd

Back