Ohio Roll Call

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnOriginally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: bryan hI think this is the worst turkey season so far no toms may have to get one at Kroger.lol

I never see turkey unless I'm deer hunting......... Hey rletts77 be watching your email I gotta great pic for you

Have you sent it yet?

Originally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: Loggers InnOriginally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: bryan hI think this is the worst turkey season so far no toms may have to get one at Kroger.lol

I never see turkey unless I'm deer hunting......... Hey rletts77 be watching your email I gotta great pic for you

Have you sent it yet? no I forgot
scared.gif
... I'll get it out soon as I get home

Anyone getting a new straight walled rifle cartridge rifle for deer hunting?

I have been looking but haven't found anything yet.....

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnIf we don't start smashin' off the coyote population we are not gonna have to worry bout shooting any deer. I've only seen one fawn so far

I finally seen a fawn yesterday.

Can you imagine if we had tons of coyote and feral pigs? The deer and turkey population would be horrible for hunting. That and ticks these days kill quite a bit of fawns.

A deer has to be undisturbed to groom the ticks off each other.

I shot a coyote about this time last year. It had 40-50 swelled ticks that I could see with my naked eye, and it was totally infested with fleas. It looked healthy to say the least.

Originally Posted By: Cowin8579Can you imagine if we had tons of coyote and feral pigs? The deer and turkey population would be horrible for hunting. That and ticks these days kill quite a bit of fawns.

I know last bow season I didn't see near as many deer as the years before. Actually saw 3 coyotes one morning and 2 another morning. The land owner wouldn't let me coyote hunt there so that property most likely will be useless for deer hunting this year.

Originally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: Cowin8579Can you imagine if we had tons of coyote and feral pigs? The deer and turkey population would be horrible for hunting. That and ticks these days kill quite a bit of fawns.

I know last bow season I didn't see near as many deer as the years before. Actually saw 3 coyotes one morning and 2 another morning. The land owner wouldn't let me coyote hunt there so that property most likely will be useless for deer hunting this year. are you hunting timber or along field edges?

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnOriginally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: Cowin8579Can you imagine if we had tons of coyote and feral pigs? The deer and turkey population would be horrible for hunting. That and ticks these days kill quite a bit of fawns.

I know last bow season I didn't see near as many deer as the years before. Actually saw 3 coyotes one morning and 2 another morning. The land owner wouldn't let me coyote hunt there so that property most likely will be useless for deer hunting this year. are you hunting timber or along field edges?

About 40 yards inside the timber off a small field is where I saw the coyotes. They were on the field edge. Never came into the woods. They were def comfortable and not worried about much.

I picked up a Marlin 1895 22" 45-70 for deer this year. Put a Nikon 2-7x32mm scope and a DNZ medium mount on it.

I hunt 350 acres of private ground in Harrison County. It's been in my family for years and coyotes used to be an anomaly. The last 5 years or so there has been a population explosion in the area. We counted 10, no lie, in one field late last summer. I can't imagine what they are doing to the fawn numbers. I just picked up a Primos Turbo Dogg caller on amazon for $115 new in box and I have a Stag Model 3 AR-15 plus package with a Burris Mtac 1-4x ill reticle scope. Going to do our best to thin them out. Kill 'em all and stomp the nest!

Originally Posted By: R. TokerI picked up a Marlin 1895 22" 45-70 for deer this year. Put a Nikon 2-7x32mm scope and a DNZ medium mount on it.

I hunt 350 acres of private ground in Harrison County. It's been in my family for years and coyotes used to be an anomaly. The last 5 years or so there has been a population explosion in the area. We counted 10, no lie, in one field late last summer. I can't imagine what they are doing to the fawn numbers. I just picked up a Primos Turbo Dogg caller on amazon for $115 new in box and I have a Stag Model 3 AR-15 plus package with a Burris Mtac 1-4x ill reticle scope. Going to do our best to thin them out. Kill 'em all and stomp the nest!
R. Toker said:
Let me know how the Marlin does. I was looking at those the other day.

I know what you mean with the coyotes. I believe they have ruined my deer hunting spot too. Get in there now and get them. Hopefully it's not too late.

That's amazing to see so many. They are thick in Geurnsey county. Btw, I may have just spotted a mountain lion track. Probably just passing through.

Hopefully we can figure out a solid method in hunting wooded pockets, fields, and traditional forest.

Originally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: Loggers InnOriginally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: Cowin8579Can you imagine if we had tons of coyote and feral pigs? The deer and turkey population would be horrible for hunting. That and ticks these days kill quite a bit of fawns.

About 40 yards inside the timber off a small field is where I saw the coyotes. They were on the field edge. Never came into the woods. They were def comfortable and not worried about much. finally seen 6-7 different fawns this week early mornings after the late night down pours. Robert I sent you a picture of something I found. It was less than 300 yards from my back door.

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnOriginally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: Loggers InnOriginally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: Cowin8579Can you imagine if we had tons of coyote and feral pigs? The deer and turkey population would be horrible for hunting. That and ticks these days kill quite a bit of fawns.

About 40 yards inside the timber off a small field is where I saw the coyotes. They were on the field edge. Never came into the woods. They were def comfortable and not worried about much. finally seen 6-7 different fawns this week early mornings after the late night down pours. Robert I sent you a picture of something I found. It was less than 300 yards from my back door.

I've only seen one fawn so far this year.......

Back