Ohio Roll Call

Hey guys, from NW Ohio here, Wood county.

New to the forum. My cousin and I would like to get into Coyote hunting (been hearing packs of them at night barking and making a racket, so they are out there). Found this site and it's wealth of information has been awesome.

Honestly, barely know where to start, but I've loved shooting all my life and have hunted varmints on my uncle's farm. Just need to find a place and time to get out. I work outside in the cold, so at the end of the day I don't often feel like spending more time in 6*F temps. We'll see how it goes.

Welcome aboard. Best thing I can tell u about getting started is get off the couch and go. There's a lot of basics on here, u'll learn more by your mistakes. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnWelcome aboard. Best thing I can tell u about getting started is get off the couch and go. There's a lot of basics on here, u'll learn more by your mistakes. Good luck.

Thanks man.

Yeah, it's like fishing a new lake. You can think lots of things (gear, weather, structure, etc.) but sometimes the best thing is just to get out there and get a line in the water. Even if you don't catch anything you had fun and learned something that doesn't work, haha.

Originally Posted By: Spartan1Checking in boys. Loosing my mind with this weather and wind. I gotta get a kill!!! Get off the couch and quit lazyboy'in it!

2night is prolly the best night if the yr to go. We made a short stand at the neighbors, he's been begging me to come down and we did. I know there's coyotes. Judy not alot of shooting windows cause it's thick.. Sure enuff I didn't have enuff time to flip the safety off. I knew it would happen...lesson #1, get out in the open at night

Went out tonight for quick stand. FRESH FRESH tracks, in one of my "urban" areas, no tackers though. First time ive been in this big hollar. I have better idea what ill do next time i get to go back in.

They'll be needing dentures after eating the bait piles in this weather.
scared.gif

Got couple stands in last night, 1st was dry, 2nd stand had 3 start barking, they were trying to work the back door. They were out in the middle of a CREP grass field, man it was some thick stuff. The ps32 wouldnt pick up the heat. After bout 40 min of no commitment we walked 11:45p.

Originally Posted By: Br_VincentWent out this evening, fresh tracks everywhere but had no takers to the call Checked my trail cams 2day on a well known travel route. Bunch of pics 4am-630am. Must be when they are moving in my area.

Back