O'Gorman's Bait

COYKILL

How often should I re-apply the bait? Using the Powder River paste bait from O'Gormans along with the lure. Seems like it would last for a while as I don't think I ever smelt something so bad.

We have a cat and I need to cover the trap with a crate during the day when the cat is out so I can't stay away from it. I wish I could. He's a good mouzer! We lock him in the dog pen with the dog at night. I know it sounds strange but the fox comes to under our bird feeder. It must be used to our scent because we are always filling the bird feeder. I placed the trap as explained to me on here and used the O'Gormans lure and bait and the fox hasn't been around since Monday on my trail camera. I called in and shot a female coyote this morning(not by the house) but it seems funny trying to trap by the house. I put the trap a ways away thinking it will smell the lure but my wife would kill me if I caught her cat. Offset jaws so I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world.

You said you've got snow. Can't you find where the fox is coming from and make a set away from the house? It sounds like you're fiddling with your set too often. Find a place where you can make a set and leave it alone.

Now you want me to learn how to trap with a live trap. kidding!! Would a fox feel comfortable enough and go inside of the trap? What size trap would I need? How do I bait it? See what you started!!

it doesnt really matter, bobcat like the taller traps and will go in them better we have some that are only 9" wide and 22" tall. the bigger the better but it makes it harder to carry them around.

O'Gormans used to put out one of the best trapping lure bait etc.. catalogs I have ever seen! That was about 20 years ago and I havent seen one one of his catalogs since.

Are they still magazine size and full of photos??

Yup I have every one for more than 15 yrs now, I have a lot of them with up to 6-7 of my pictures in it. Still a top notch catalog. 6.00 refundable on first order.

I put two more sets back by my deer blind and I can check them from being 50 yards away and nothing this morning. I also moved the one up by the house and nothing there neither. The fox was here again last night(early this am) as there was a pic on the game camera. It was where I had the trap originally. One of these days maybe I'll learn how to trap.

Back