NV with LRF?

greengt88

Looking for a night vision scope with LRF…haven’t found much other than ATN, which I won’t buy….anyone using anything else they are happy with? Do any companies have anything in the works or coming out soon? Currently have a Wraith 4k Mini, but no LRF sucks.

iray has some stuff in stock. Like this:

I use an iray with their lrf and kill coyotes confidently with the set up. They also have a scanner/lrf out this year that I might be reviewing... ;)

iray has some stuff in stock. Like this:

I use an iray with their lrf and kill coyotes confidently with the set up. They also have a scanner/lrf out this year that I might be reviewing... ;)
Looking for Night Vision, although I would prefer thermal…I need to be able to ID confidently as there are domestic animals in the area I hunt.

Understood. If you already have a NV scope you could consider a thermal scanner with LRF. That's going to give you the best of both worlds, assuming you can ID currently with your Wraith. Scanning with a thermal scanner is a game changer. Scan until you see something interesting and then ID it.

I actually do use an AGM Taipan Tm10-256 scanner…it is kinda crappy image wise but I can pick things up out to 200yds or so…it does lack the LRF, but it did save me from shooting one of the neighbors cats…it looked like a fox in the Taipan, and it was def a cat in the Wraith.
I had considered a LRF Thermal Scanner, but I’d prefer to just have it in the NV scope.
PARD has a DS35 and DS37, but I can’t find much info on them. I’d guess they are about the same as ATN so looking for other options.
I would also prefer to have a traditional Scope style unit vs the compact soda can type units like the Wraith Mini.

They also have a scanner/lrf out this year that I might be reviewing... ;)

You talking about the ( iray FH35R V2 ) Monocular/hand scan with LRF ?
I be real interested in what you think, if you get your eye's behind one before I do .
A friend I hunt dogs with just came over last night and mention he knows where a couple are we can look at . If the FH35R V2 has a comparable image to his Iray 640 Bolt. That will make a pretty BadAss scanner along with the LRF at the push of a button . plus I right at the point in upgrading in my own Scanner, So this might be an Omen to jump on one.

( description Factory Advertisement ) .. Size looks good, with user friendly control button layout . with User-Updatable Firmware, also states 5 year Warranty . I'm not a big 'Feature Chaser' so It has a few inboard features that I dont't have much interest in . They throw-out a MSRP that looks reasonable also.
Spec. for onboard LRF say's 800 yrd. . so that is plenty good for my nighttime shooting.
@ 2x, They spec. out the FOV .. Horizontal Angular Field of View of ( 12.6°)

Good deal on the Arken…the base mag kinda sucks @ 5x, and I’d really prefer a traditional scope style unit but I will def watch some reviews…the price is def great and it can’t be worse than an ATN

You talking about the ( iray FH35R V2 ) Monocular/hand scan with LRF ?
I be real interested in what you think, if you get your eye's behind one before I do .
A friend I hunt dogs with just came over last night and mention he knows where a couple are we can look at . If the FH35R V2 has a comparable image to his Iray 640 Bolt. That will make a pretty BadAss scanner along with the LRF at the push of a button . plus I right at the point in upgrading in my own Scanner, So this might be an Omen to jump on one.

( description Factory Advertisement ) .. Size looks good, with user friendly control button layout . with User-Updatable Firmware, also states 5 year Warranty . I'm not a big 'Feature Chaser' so It has a few inboard features that I dont't have much interest in . They throw-out a MSRP that looks reasonable also.
Spec. for onboard LRF say's 800 yrd. . so that is plenty good for my nighttime shooting.
@ 2x, They spec. out the FOV .. Horizontal Angular Field of View of ( 12.6°)
It's here now and I've had it out once and ranged a bunch of stuff out to 400. The image is very good and the ranging appears to be accurate (it's certainly fast). It does have a lot of features built in, but if you just want to scan and lase it's fast and easy. The thing that is surprising is how light weight it is. It will not be a pain in the neck to use as a full time scanner with a lanyard on your neck for the shot. So far I'm impressed. I will post more once I use it more.

AGM now has the Neith LRF…Really leaning towards this now vs the others I mentioned….they do have a Clip-On version with LRF as well…does anyone have experience using Clip-On style? That would be really nice as far as using different rifles vs just one dedicated one. My only concern would be image degradation…obviously the digital version degrades with magnification as well, just wondering which would be better

Does anyone have experience using Clip-On style? That would be really nice as far as using different rifles vs just one dedicated one.
I was researching clip-ons last fall with the idea you could move scope to scope w/o the need to check zero.

Best I could determine, in reality, it was a pipe dream.

So with that, plus extra weight, further reaching the controls, & clip-ons not videoing the reticle when reviewing shot placements, I passed.

I was researching clip-ons last fall with the idea you could move scope to scope w/o the need to check zero.

Best I could determine, in reality, it was a pipe dream.

So with that, plus extra weight, further reaching the controls, & clip-ons not videoing the reticle when reviewing shot placements, I passed.
This is extremely helpful, but also very disappointing lol…I only have experience with the Sightmark Wraith 4k Mini as far as NV…it def worked but left me wanting for some things. Ability to swap on to multiple rifles was one. 6.5 Grendel is great for coyotes but not so much for fox or smaller…the 2nd was an LRF for night time use, I found myself struggling to judge distance

It's here now and I've had it out once and ranged a bunch of stuff out to 400. The image is very good and the ranging appears to be accurate (it's certainly fast). It does have a lot of features built in, but if you just want to scan and lase it's fast and easy. The thing that is surprising is how light weight it is. It will not be a pain in the neck to use as a full time scanner with a lanyard on your neck for the shot. So far I'm impressed. I will post more once I use it more.
I out working with one this week . image seems good quality, LRF ( view screen icon box ) seems pretty accurate aiming at targets. so far battery life good also . will be a handy hand scanner for sure. I will get it out more in some high humidity wet this week and really put test to is for image holding together .

edit add:
This new iRay hand scanner is really giving you HUGE bang for your buck-$ with them throwing it out there @ suggested msrp of 2400-$ . I do see these iRay hand-scan units flying off dealer shelves this year. The weight less than 1Lb.. Small size. Good image with LRF .
BUT THIS FOR SURE .. iRay is putting out a 'to say the least' an 'Aggressive ' marketing strategy on all their Therm. models, with big undercutting msrp pricing against Nvision and Trijicon on thermal N. American market.

Last edited:
Back