NOW i understand

Okay so now you're trying to get instigative and personal. And your modifying post to say things they didn't when I awnsered them. Heck, you've even transposed things into your post that weren't even visible at the time of the initial post. You just keep doing what you can to win this battle of whits, dare to take one step away from the military record and we'll see how you fair.

Bottom line is, You're lost. Just because you put on a uniform and shipped out doesn't mean all that much in itself... I appreciate what you've done for our country (For the 50th time) but I know several rapist, frauds, theifs, drug addicts and otherwise idiots have gone overseas to protect our country.. some come back to run for president... just saying you wore the uniform doesn't say as much about your character as you need it too.

I'm sure you're real popular around town if you find every single person that hasn't been in the military and heckle them about it... oh wait, maybe you only do that to "kids" who have smacked you across the face with your own political ignorance. Either way, I'm here for your teaching oh wise one.

Oh, and portions of the "sorry for me" thread of yours were deleted, even though its left and locked... there were entire post missing, trust me.

jrbhunter: I was gone for three days, visiting some hunting areas for this Fall and pulled up this thread started by our "frightened" ladyjane who "could care less". (It should read, "couldn't care less".) This has to be one of the most unusual threads I have seen, with no particular subject or direction, cheap pot shots and innuendo enough to make even a liberal give pause.

Anyway, thanks for the Republican party information you pinged to me. In fact you must have referred me to some local organizations as I have been getting updates about regional and local activities. Thanks. And, I have boosted some of my own activity with the Bush campaign.

Back to lurk mode.

Handloader, good to hear from you! Hope the scouting went well, I'll be doing some 7/16-7/18 myself!

I put you on the campaign map because some early stuff became available about this new friendship between McCain and Bush... you were one of the few associates I had in Arizona so I was hoping they'd get with you. Glad to hear they made contact... that local stuff is important in states like yours (Swing States).

I don't think Indiana has elected a Democrat President in something like 40-50 years so I try to spread out a little bit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif John Kerry is in town either today or tomorrow... first democratic president to visit the hoosier state in several years... IF that is he's even officially on the campaign trail. They know its a waste of their time... we just grin and bare it until their gone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Originally posted by MI VHNTR:
[qb]ladyjane107, YOU are frightened by some people and their narrow minded beliefs?Sheesh! :rolleyes: MI VHNTR[/qb]
Then the democratic party ought to just scare the living daylights out of you.

I really don't like to get involved in these political conversations because I believe that we need one to appreciate the other. How can you appreciate good with out no evil? You get the picture.

I do however like to read and watch from the side lines. It's amazing what you can actually learn about politics if you can succesfully read between the arguments.

This is a quote from The huntedone:
An example. One member of PM who post here often, quite often as a matter of fact, has on several other boards claimed to be 22 years old, a hunting guide, an engineer, own 2o guns and 2 boats. I wont mention any names or initials, you can figure it out for yourself.
Now that sounds like THO is leading folks to believe that JRB is lying. I can personally vouch for the fact that JRB is telling the truth. The Young man is quite unique and very fortunate. he is 22, is an engineer, does have a deer guiding buisiness (there is a web site), does have 2 boats and owns a whole lot of weapons. As a matter of fact, JRB is a pretty squared away guy in the area of being hospitable. I barely new this guy when he went way out of his way to help me with some information that I was trying to get about southern IN. More or less gave me the shirt off his back. I plan on hooking up with him next week for a crow hunt and Nuisance coyote hunt. Good fella. Young guy, but he seems to be more involved with his country than most of the protesting, anti-war pukes his age. If I assumed wrong THO, the I apologize. Attacking a man's opinion is one thing. But I cannot stand buy and let a man and a friend be called a liar about his possessions and accomplishments in life when I know the truth. That wouldn't be honorable to my friend. Hell, Accomplishments and possessions are what a man is usually remembered buy when he leaves this world.
Here is another quote from THO:
Yet when the armed services are fighting to maintain troop strength, and are now resorting to calling back brave young men and women who have already served, and all he will do is sit here and reap the benifits of their blood sweat and tears. He sure does like the freedoms they fight for, yet he is unwilling to join the fray.
There are many ways to serve your country, THO. Are you aying that my brother is not an American or unpatriotic for not joining up? I don't think so. I agree, the best to show your patriotism is serving in the Armed Forces. But it is not the only way. I did my time in service and saw Somalia while I was in. That is just me though. Not everybody is cut out to be a soldier..... but that does not mean that they are un-patriotic or not doing their country a service.

Why do they call it a demcracy when its a republic? Just curious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyways, I think every redblooded American is a soldier in his own right. Most people wake up everyday and live an honest "straight and narrow" lifestyle. We work until March 1st to fund all forms of government. You could argue that because you didnt stand on the right side of an M-16 that you didnt serve your country but I would be the first to say BS. We pay into medicare to help our old, we offer funds to help other nations, we fight wars that the rest of the wine drinking sobs run from. We are the first to take a stand when we know that countries are leaving that straight and narrow inturn putting our lives in harms way, others initially wait for us to jump. Our nations businesses fund and fuel our politicians so that they can go on and fight for their cause.

We wake up every morning to see that our school systems are what they should be. That our kids have the opportunities that we had. We wake up to fund a police force that protects us while we are sleeping. We get up every morning to fund other law enforcement agencies to preserve and protect our wildlife resources, environment, borders, food and drug trade, medical facilities, work environments, even other law enforcement agencies to investigate other law enforcement agencies and on and on and on. We pretty much work everyday for the common good of our fellow Americans and to just have a peace of the "American Pie". I dont buy into the fact that a soldier in combat is any better than the everyday commoner, but I dont think that arguement is being fully argued here. They are just one of many systems in place that keeps this place safe to live. I will agree that being a soldier is and should be a very appreciated position. I thank all of our troops who fight to protect me and my family. These men and women arent seeing hellacious paychecks for doing what they do and I will agree that their sacrifice is greater than that of my situation. They do it because the want to see the common good secured for future generations.

But again, they have to be funded and men and women sweat day in and day out (out of harms way) to see that they are furnished properly. Call it running from it...call it what you will, the system we have is a great one and without one part, it would all collapse. I pitty other countries that dont have the luxuries we have. But they didnt make the leap from cavemen like we did. Kinda like redfrogs entertaining story about the ant and the grasshopper. Rain on em. It takes initiative to get where we got. And some just dont have it. Theyd rather talk circles and worship some god that doesnt approve of the Western civilization.

I dont want to sound that I dont appreciate the guns of our country. I will be the first to offer thanks, and mi casa to those who chose to do the dirty work. Just want to bring up the hardships of other Americans who stand behind them while we face these uncertain times. Again it takes every spoke working in unison to make a wheel go round.

Oh and BTW ladyjane, you probably have gotten the sense by now that this is a political forum and PM doesnt support anything said in any forum here. I chose to stand behind you when I saw you get personally attacked here while back. With that said, if you choose to partake in these heated battles, you might just want to take into consideration that you are putting yourself in the line of fire and that anyone who offers a rebutal isnt trying to attack you. Right or wrong, you accept to dabble in arguements that will always have an opposing side. Again you havent been attacked personally recently because if you have measures would have been taken just as they have in the past to protect PM members. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carry on

blak coyote said: "Then the democratic party ought to just scare the living daylights out of you."

Rest assured it already has. Here's just one example: The democRATS feel that it's ok to LIE under oath, even if you're an attorney. Hint hint, slick willy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I won't even get into gun rights and the democRATs.
To put it politely, it'll be a LONG TIME before I ever vote for ANY democRAT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif MI VHNTR

Swift One,

I wasn't implying that he was lying, just making a statement about what he claims to be.

Things are not always as they seem to be on the world wide web. Old JRB spouts off like he has been around the block once or twice about everything under the sun. Just wanted to make it known that those trips around the block were on a tricycle.

I aplaud him for being involved in politics in his home town. Good job. But let's put things in perspective. There are probably a lot of young men and women his age in his home town who are serving right now. Not ten years from now. JRB is knowledgeable, or at least he reads alot, which makes him informed, and he is concerned about this country. He just isn't committed.

And for that reason, I'll take what he says with a grain of salt. A real big grain.

Sitting at somewhat of a youthful standpoint I find it rather contradicting to harrass a youth that is full of ambition. I see a smidget of envy being played out here when talks of material items are thrown in the arguements.

Achievers should be commended for not ending up being a drain on our correctional systems but rather they found and utilized all of their disposals for the common good. Unless his material items were used to prove you wrong, I feel that peripheral arguements are uneffective when trying to "debunk" a mans statements as attempts to undermine his credibility.

If he has used his achievments against you then disregard.

I am a bit sorry I started this thread and will think a bit longer before starting one like it again. I was ONLY trying to voice my frustration about the fact that I, like others, did not feel my opinion was coming through; and that people were just taking things out of what I said and running with them while missing the gist of what I had said. Often, even in real life, I speak rather quickly about things. I have gotten better as I *age* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif but some things just are hard to change.

Now that I see it has taken on a personal vendetta type thing, I feel badly. I have sparred here with JRB and also have laughed with him. He has always struck me as a bright person...and until now I had no idea how old he is. My son is one year older; and I now see why I relate so well to JRB as he is much like my son. I laughed when I saw that. My son and I have a great relationship..we argue with each other about some things, we laugh together and we care for one another. I would think that JRB has a family who is just as proud of him and rightly so. My son would happily have served his country if allowed, but medical reasons have prevented that. Does that make him LESS than patriotic? I think not. I do not question a person for their reasons not to sign up with the military. We do NOT have a draft and I imagine if we did, JRB would NOT be dodging it...no one HAS to sign up.....it is a personal decision. It does not mean a person has no right to be a part of our society and express an opinion. Perhaps people think it impossible for a young man to be so wise...but obviously he IS. He comes back immediately with answers leading me to believe he is a very well read, informed person. I think to trash his knowledge is a shame...but I can tell he has broad shoulders and it will not stifle him in any way. As stated above in a previous post...there are SO many young people who could care less. We should embrace our youth as they are our future and especially those who are working hard and being productive members of our society...no matter what their role may be!

Old JRB spouts off like he has been around the block once or twice about everything under the sun. Just wanted to make it known that those trips around the block were on a tricycle.
THO, everybody must learn to crawl before they can walk. I saw kids in Somalia that were half of JRB's age who have forgotten more life experiences than most of us will ever go through. Age has nothing to do with wisdom.

There are probably a lot of young men and women his age in his home town who are serving right now. Not ten years from now. JRB is knowledgeable, or at least he reads alot, which makes him informed, and he is concerned about this country. He just isn't committed.
Well, I have to definatly address this THO. Again you seem to be leaning toward the idea of if you haven't served in the armed forces, you haven't served your country. What about our olympians? Do they not serve their country? What about the engineers that build and design the vehicles and weapons that you utilized in the Marine Corps? Do they not serve their country? Lets take it a step further Devil Dog. What about the teachers that brought you up when you were a kid to be such a patriot? Did they not do their duty and serve their country? I could go on and on, but I think you get my point.

I feel that you need to quit grabbing that marine challenge coin in your pocket so much. You cannot just sit their and say that everybody who did not serve in the military and was physically able to did not serve their country. That is wrong man.

Thanks guys for the kind words. I appreciate that even in good debate there is a "common sense" about the people involved. Its funny that I've never wondered or worried about how old a person is or anything when debating politics with them... if they can support their case better than I can support mine then why does it really matter? Maybe thats coming from my point of view just because I'm always the "underdog" in an argument.

I threw my information out there because in one of the ORIGINAL VERSIONS of Tho's post he all but called me a liar and seemed a bit jealous and angry... he had obviously done some research and taken notes! His posts change like the wind so I've quit trying to make my rebuttles awnser his originals. I'll give him a "win" on that one.
Tho, you're right I have several friends overseas right now. Where will they be in ten years? Well, several of them will never see college. Some of them will go back to drugs and drinking like they did before the military. Some of them will go on to finish their education and get good jobs. Some of them will come home and start families and live happily ever after. Where will THEY be in ten years? Will THEY be still serving their country, even benefiting it? Or is a two year trip a free voucher to do as you wish for the rest of your existance? I know several of my friends went over there out of school, I've talked to them a couple times each sense they left.

Are they doing a great thing for their country? YES. Do I expect glorious things of them when they come back? Many of them NO. They are still the crackup, cutup guys from school that drink til' they fall, live in mom's basement & have children they don't support. Sorry, I'm not talking about SOLDIERS here, just my personal friends that are over there RIGHT NOW serving their country. Do I support them any less as soldiers because of their life choices? NOPE! Will I look at them any differently when they come back? YES. They've done their country a great service... I'm just not holding my breathe for them to all become outstanding pillars of the community JUST BECAUSE they threw on a uniform.

There are a few examples of this, my sisters ex-boyfriend came home from the Persian Gulf and murdered his entire family of 5 then set them on fire. My cousin came home on "honerable discharge" and ended up in detox three weeks later. Another relative came home "disabled" and will continue to milk out government assistance until FORCED to do something else.

I understand this isn't the complete army or a reflection of it as a whole... I'm just saying that you're painting with a wide brush when you try to make me look useless and cowardly and some of OUR BOYS aren't going to be doing this country any good in ten years no matter what they are doing today. Thats about as negatively as I can stand to talk about our servicemen, if I didn't know them personally it would be different. I'm sure that any one of the examples above would vouch for the description I've made of them.

Timothy McVeigh was an Army vet from the 1st Gulf War.

Just something to think about.

JRB, now that you have a degree, if you did decide to go in you could be an officer. And you're still plenty young enough. Another thought to ponder. Not pushing, only you can decide the course of your life.

I ponder if quite often Stu. More everyday as we see the world changing and America's role in it evolving... we'll be engaged in new types of "peace keeping missions" for the forseeable future.

Jane,

I don’t mind you correcting my spelling and grammar errors, I only ask for equal treatment amongst our fellow PM members.

Get busy, you have a lot of correcting to do… /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve

Soon to be the former President of the LadyJane Fan Club /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Originally posted by TheHuntedOne:
[qb]Swift One,

I wasn't implying that he was lying, just making a statement about what he claims to be.

Things are not always as they seem to be on the world wide web. Old JRB spouts off like he has been around the block once or twice about everything under the sun. Just wanted to make it known that those trips around the block were on a tricycle.

I aplaud him for being involved in politics in his home town. Good job. But let's put things in perspective. There are probably a lot of young men and women his age in his home town who are serving right now. Not ten years from now. JRB is knowledgeable, or at least he reads alot, which makes him informed, and he is concerned about this country. He just isn't committed.

And for that reason, I'll take what he says with a grain of salt. A real big grain.[/qb]
i do not post here alot but i have read this thread start to now and i think its time you get off jrb's ass about not serving-i for one am personally grateful to all branches of our armed forces,police,emergency-rescue-fire depts,teachers and all other PUBLIC servants, even the politicians-service is not for everyone just as hunting,college,marriage,children,fast cars, or whatever you choose to compare to. so you are telling me that a retired police officer that also served as a volunteer fireman, special education instructor for mentally handicapped, and whatever other PUBLIC service his/her entire life but never served in a military branch is always going to be just slightly shy of your level of commitment to this country ???

BULL**** !!! we appreciate your service through a military branch but it is awfully high and mighty of you to look down your nose at every one who hasnt-this jrb sounds like hes got his stuff together, how about seeing the glass half full and applauding him for being politically motivated and involved in local/national govt-keep him motivated and reaching for all he can be so he can continue to lead a group of young people to show respect for you and your service to this country-exactly the opposite of the disrespect you seem so hell bent on imparting on him-enough is enough-drop it.

justice

Hello Pandora and welcome to Predator Masters /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back