Nosler Varmageddon

Originally Posted By: HOGGHEADHow are they priced when compared to the V-Max and the regular Nosler B-Tip bullets??

I only ask because I am wondering if they are trying to re-invent the wheel?? By that I mean I have never had a problem with the V-Max, or the Nosler BT when it came to good varmint expansion?? So I am just wondering if their is a need for the bullet-especially if it is higher priced??

Only real reason I can think of is Nosler's bottom line. Or am I wrong about that??

I remember another high end bullet maker trying to re-invent the wheel on varmint bullets(Barnes). And that bullet basically doesn't sell well. Is this Nosler's attempt at that re-invention??

I would gladly pay more for a bullet if it really is better. But my V-Max bullets do a fantastic job on little critters. Dead is dead?? Just curious. Plese no flames. Tom.

I believe it was a flyer from Graf's I saw a week or so back. They were a couple of bucks per 100 cheaper than Vmax's. I just checked powder valley, 17 cal. pills were $12 and change. Who knows if the prices will stay lower or if it is a marketing gimmick to swing Vmax users over to their pills and then throw in a price hike. I have lots of red boxes to burn up before I head down that road. Should hear some accuracy reports by then.

Aaron

Anybody shot these yet? I like my vmaxes, but if these are cheaper and give the same results, I'll buy a bunch to shoot critters with.

I've only shot them on paper so far. In my Savage bolt 223 with 22" barrel I'm averaging groups about .59 moa and pushing them at an average of about 3,480 fps with A2230. The same load with a 40 vmx averages about .56 moa and almost exactly 3,500 fps. So there isn't a great deal of difference target wise for me. I have shot a whole lot more of the 40 vmx which has been around while the 40 varmageddon's are so new on the market.

In my AR with 16" barrel, I can shoot them averaging about .9 moa and almost 3,300 fps. With the identical load and a 40 vmx I average .7 moa and velocity appears the same.

Hopefully I will have an opportunity to try them on something besides paper shortly.

The varmint nightmares from mid south are cheaper and made by nosler. 46$ for 500 and shoot great. The varmagedons look like a v max to me. The BT's are supossed to be a tougher bullet than the v max looks like thses are to compete.

ok I think I may be missing something but has Nosler changed the BC of the .224 55gr polymer tip?

I remember getting excited about the .297 when these bullets were first announced but when I checked again lately I don't see it there. Just one at .255.

I'm probably missing something... can anyone tell me? thanks

Originally Posted By: Eric2381 I like the Hornady Vmax lots, but the varmageddon is just a little bit cheaper, and they have a cool name!

And the black tip too!

sorry, nosler lists the 55gr @ .255bc which happens to be the exact same as the hornady 55gr vmax with flat base. hmmm?

so why didnt nosler copy hornadys 6mm 65gr vmax dang it!?

Not trying to change the thread, but Midsouth has the new Hornady Z-max in stock. 500 to a box in 204 at $53.73 but stock is low (mine shipped today) and also in 17 cal. same price for 20g. In .224 they have 40 z-max in stock at $58.03/500. Probably won't last long.

Back