Nosler 55 Varmageddon 22-250

MoYoBomber

Anybody have any experience with the Nosler 55 Varmageddon from a 22-250 on coyotes?

If so was performance favorable?

I shot a few 70 grainers in my 6mm last winter with excellent results but wondering how they work in the 22 caliber.

Last edited:
I just started using the 55g varmagedon this season. I have shot one called in coyote at 48 yards,not alot to go on but worked well. Small entrance about thumb size exit (was broad side)

Very accurate out of my remington 22-250 vssf 2 using imr 8208,near max load.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gord mccoo ..55g varmagedon .... using imr 8208,near max load...
Have you checked the speed on that one yet ?? tia

I like that you got an exit at close range, shows it may be tough enough for quartering shots. I know only a sample of one but a good start.

In our neck of the woods most shots are 100-350/400 yards so velocity will be down a bit.

May grab a box of 100 to see how they stack up against the Ballistic Tips I have come to favor for my coyote killing.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Sorry I have no numbers on velocity. I do know that it shoots very well out to 400 yards and no stability issues. My barrel is 26" 1/14 twist shooting was done at 38°

After giving up on H380 because of the sensitivity to temp I went to Varget. It has been a good powder, but someone gave me a lb of 8208. Haven't tried it yet but I'll be switching to 8208 on the next loading.

Hey guys I got a question and it's probably on here somewhere but I got a tikka heavy barrel Varmint 22-250, I would like to use 55g nosler ballistic tip with IMR4064, but I need the load data for it min to max I also want to know how accurate that load is an anyones input or any other loads you guys may know about that would work?

Back