Night vision options

Wabbit, if you can afford it, a clip on in front of a day scope is what I would consider the ultimate rig. You can take the clip on off and hunt with the rifle during daylight or you can hunt the night. I have a March that goes up to 25 and a Zeiss that goes to 24. 18 power is about the limit of useful magnification with either.

I currently have a PVS 26 and a L3. I have had a PVS 27 also. The 27 is too big. My buddy also has a L3. Even though inlaid twice as much for the L3 as the 26, I prefer the 26. Pick a good day scope though. Does not have to be great, he uses a Bushnell Elite, I have used a Leupd and Swarovski also.

As much as I wanted to shoot with thermal, but didn't because of the need for 100% ID, I still fell victim to the addiction and now have a pulsar apex XD50A in the arsenal as of last weekend. I am highly impressed with it's capability for the price point and as soon as the MDVR shows up from UNV I'll be putting it to work. Mostly likely it will be a unit for a second shooter going with me and I'll still be using gen3 for 100% id. Instead of 2 of us shooting NV, it will be one thermal and one NV.

Here in Florida it's rare to have a 200yd shot day or night,125-150 would be the max even in a field.so I agree the clip on thermal would be the best choice.

Thanks for all the input, I've been studying up on all types and models and saving my dollars (not pennies)and have settled on these two, The Armasight Apollo and the ATN TICO. Has anyone had any experiences with either one of these or the companies?

Both are clip-on's and run a bit more than the dedicated stand alone scope. I'm not completely ruled out on the stand alone scope but the clip on is nice.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Back