Newbie question on Coyote scat

Rocky - is he attributing his entire crop loss to yote damage?

Deer & coons eat melons too.

I've been told that racoons are the worst crop thieves in melon patches and that they will poke a hole, eat a bit, then keep doing the same thing to the next melon as they move along..

you boys may call me crazy, stuipid, or a d$$$ liar, but i have been called all that before, so here it goes, haha. Close to Muskogee OK, a farmer with a large watermellon patch told my buddy that something was stealing his watermellons. not eating, stealing. and every once in a while he would find a broken one in the road. Kids? no, he checked for tracks each morn, and no ppl tracks. some kind of critter, he didnt know what the track was from. well we figured the old man had lost his mind, but said we would stop by anyhow. Well one night a few days later we stoped by about an hour after dark when we were on our way to run our hounds to have a look. When we turned the corner to the patch, ill be darned if there wasnt a badger walking on his hind feet and carying a melon. he saw us, droped it in the middle of the road, and ran into the brush.

OK, back to coyotes, i just got a pic of a coyote coming into a pile of over ripe watermelons i busted up and put my trail cam over hoping to get some hogs.

America's Funniest Home Videos would give you $10,000.00 for a video of a badger carrying a watermelon on his hind legs.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Jesse lackeyyou boys may call me crazy, stuipid, or a d$$$ liar, but i have been called all that before, so here it goes, haha. Close to Muskogee OK, a farmer with a large watermellon patch told my buddy that something was stealing his watermellons. not eating, stealing. and every once in a while he would find a broken one in the road. Kids? no, he checked for tracks each morn, and no ppl tracks. some kind of critter, he didnt know what the track was from. well we figured the old man had lost his mind, but said we would stop by anyhow. Well one night a few days later we stoped by about an hour after dark when we were on our way to run our hounds to have a look. When we turned the corner to the patch, ill be darned if there wasnt a badger walking on his hind feet and carying a melon. he saw us, droped it in the middle of the road, and ran into the brush.

My 85 yr old stepfather swears that someone is stealing every ripe tomato from his backyard garden.
No possibility of neighborhood kids doing garden raids.
No half eaten tomatoes left behind - no plant damage - no tracks, etc.
My first thought is that he's losing it.

I am going to set up a trailcam tomorrow before he goes into undercover Rambo mode.

Originally Posted By: gman2153Originally Posted By: Jesse lackeyyou boys may call me crazy, stuipid, or a d$$$ liar, but i have been called all that before, so here it goes, haha. Close to Muskogee OK, a farmer with a large watermellon patch told my buddy that something was stealing his watermellons. not eating, stealing. and every once in a while he would find a broken one in the road. Kids? no, he checked for tracks each morn, and no ppl tracks. some kind of critter, he didnt know what the track was from. well we figured the old man had lost his mind, but said we would stop by anyhow. Well one night a few days later we stoped by about an hour after dark when we were on our way to run our hounds to have a look. When we turned the corner to the patch, ill be darned if there wasnt a badger walking on his hind feet and carying a melon. he saw us, droped it in the middle of the road, and ran into the brush.

My 85 yr old stepfather swears that someone is stealing every ripe tomato from his backyard garden.
No possibility of neighborhood kids doing garden raids.
No half eaten tomatoes left behind - no plant damage - no tracks, etc.
My first thought is that he's losing it.

I am going to set up a trailcam tomorrow before he goes into undercover Rambo mode.

I had the same thing going on. Dang squirels were the culprit!

Originally Posted By: Jesse lackeyyou boys may call me crazy, stuipid, or a d$$$ liar, but i have been called all that before, so here it goes, haha. Close to Muskogee OK, a farmer with a large watermellon patch told my buddy that something was stealing his watermellons. not eating, stealing. and every once in a while he would find a broken one in the road. Kids? no, he checked for tracks each morn, and no ppl tracks. some kind of critter, he didnt know what the track was from. well we figured the old man had lost his mind, but said we would stop by anyhow. Well one night a few days later we stoped by about an hour after dark when we were on our way to run our hounds to have a look. When we turned the corner to the patch, ill be darned if there wasnt a badger walking on his hind feet and carying a melon. he saw us, droped it in the middle of the road, and ran into the brush.

Drinking and hunting don't mix! Makes you see stuff
w00t.gif

Haha, is that the best you guys have? Come on, make me feel like a real idiot!

(Hey look on the bright side, i could have said it was a big foot i saw carying it off!)

Although i am joking about it, thats what i saw!

LOL Jesse.... there werent also herbs being grown in that Garden as well? Wildwood Weed comes to mind.. LOL Would indeed be one for the record books if a Guy could capture a pic of that Badger!

haha. i know i know, a picture is worth a thousand words, but i have told the story at least a thousand times, so doesnt that make it better than a picture?

But actions speak louder than words, so the action of posting a picture would be flippin awesome
thumbup.gif

You think it would be possible to get a pic lol? Sounded like u actually considered it.....

Back