new to ar

Hi guys, first post here.

I'm compelled to ask why not just get the Remington? He's looking to spend $1000-1200. Go the the gun shop, fondle one, and buy it if you like it. Seems simple enough.

What am I missing? Why mess around? Why mix and match?

BTW I'm also new to the AR scene....as you can probably tell. :^)

Well he could buy a complete any kind of AR,,coyote carbine would be a good one too,,,,remington is one of many,,Smith and wesson makes nice oneS too...........X

Superior to a mass production gun?some/most of the time,,for a fraction of the price.

Some production guns offer a MOA guarantee,,at a price.

The act of putting a upper and lower together doesnt quit qualify as building,,the ones i suggested should produce a good shooter for less than 800 bucks,,,with a match barrel.

Remember these are legos,,,real expensive legos.............X

Just be careful...one moment you're buying a complete rifle off the shelf, the next your collecting tools and components to assemble your own in your garage and your wife remains perpetually pissed at you....just a warning.

Molar all you got to do is get the wife involved in your hobby. It is a little more money but they don't complain as much.

Originally Posted By: molardogJust be careful...one moment you're buying a complete rifle off the shelf, the next your collecting tools and components to assemble your own in your garage and your wife remains perpetually pissed at you....just a warning.

Ohhhh.... Don't even go there...
rolleyes.gif

Back