New Stainless Heavy Barrel B.MAG in .17WSM

First blood with the B-Mag.........

IMG_0139_zpsa838f34c.jpg

Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTROriginally Posted By: FullMoonYoteSkin Anyone look at the Volquartzen 17 wsm?

My buddy just ordered one. Paid close to $2K for it.
scared.gif

That thing better shoot one hole 3 shot groups for that much $$$$.
rolleyes.gif

I'd like to hear more about that gun's performance. I might sell my DPMS AR-10 recon for one of those if they are "ALL THAT"

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: FullMoonYoteSkinI found ammo cheaper than that too, like $12. I believe boxes of 50, correct?

probably 17hmr. never seen wsm for 12.

Not $12, but $12.99. My mistake was they didn't have a limit, and I didn't buy all of it. Since then, the best I have seen is $13.99. I am hoping some competition pushes the price back down to $12.99. Today I saw Win. 20 gr, and 25 gr., for $19.99+tax, in a local hardware store...That might be there awhile.

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTRFirst blood with the B-Mag.........

IMG_0139_zpsa838f34c.jpg

Details Man! We need details. What bullet? 20 gr? 25 gr?
What did the autopsy show? Bang flop, Bang spin, bang run?

Thanks in advance for the details.
thumbup1.gif

Squeeze

i just handled a bmag for the first time today. actually 3 of them.
what a clumsey p.o.s.
scared.gif
. and the bolt, dang near needed a hammer to pound the bolts closed

Originally Posted By: borkonwhat a clumsey p.o.s.
scared.gif

bout sums it up. to bad you didn't shoot one. p.o.s. dont begin to describe it.
tt1.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: borkonwhat a clumsey p.o.s.
scared.gif

bout sums it up. to bad you didn't shoot one. p.o.s. dont begin to describe it.
tt1.gif

Gotta love the haters.
rolleyes.gif

I will only credit myself with 1/2 kill on this one guys. Coyote hunting with "the boys". My buddy hit this one with #4 buck and I finished it off with the B-Mag @ aprox 75-80 yards using the 20gr Winchester ammo.

ai'nt no hater. did'nt know squat about them till today.
just felt like the Keebler Elves got stoned one night and made one up.
very POORLY built.

Originally Posted By: borkonai'nt no hater. did'nt know squat about them till today.
just felt like the Keebler Elves got stoned one night and made one up.
very POORLY built.

I don't care much for the stocks, that's for sure, but I knew from experience with other new rimfire guns I've had in the past and from other guys experiences that the stiff bolt, etc would probably soften up after some use and it has. I sat and cycled the bolt a bunch the first night I got it and now that I've put a couple boxes of ammo through it, it's getting a lot smoother feel to it and I think it's getting settled in on it's accuracy a little better now that the barrel is fouled up some. I adjusted the accutrigger to the lowest setting and it breaks nice and smooth and clean. Had no trouble shooting a small bird (starling) @ almost 170 yards this morning while I was out plinking with it. Even if it's only 1 MOA at best, I'm fine with that as I don't intend on using this for much of anything out past 250 yards at most and if I can get the bullet to hit anywhere within 1" of where I have the crosshairs @ 200 yards, I'm totally satisfied with this as a cheap alternative for plinking/shooting/hunting. The Savage 93 17HMR I had was great out to 125-150 but this 17WSM is nice out to 200 and beyond from what I've experienced so far. Had no trouble shooting a pop can @ just over 200 yards with it. The PD's within 200 yards are going to be in trouble come June 1st.
thumbup1.gif

Hey, Rubenator, did you shoot the 25 grain round from a 1:9 twist barrel? If so, how does that rifle handle the lighter 20 grain rounds? One owner indicated that the 1:9 will not provide MOA with 25 grain round and that the 1:8 won't stabilize the 20 grain.

I want to buy one for fox and 'yotes but not sure which to buy.
Thanks for any info.

Back