New site quirks

1trkyhntr

First let me say that I appreciate this site and all the work that goes into keeping it going.
But I have noticed a couple of things that are different now with the change.
1. The clock is off by about 5 hours. I posted at about 10:30pm ET last night and the time stamp here shows it at 3:32am. Not a big deal but it is a little confusing.
2. I can't figure out how to edit my post. I type it then preview but I can't make any changes. Might just be me, I'm pretty dumb.
3. I clicked and dragged an image into a post but it shows up as basically a thumbnail. Again might be user error. I used IMGUR and the image transferred full size.

Thanks for any helpful reply to the edit question.

Mike

You have to set the time zone in your profile. Once I got logged in I found that mine was set for the Azores

Not sure about the preview thing, will look into that, but editing is set to a 120 minute time lime. Under discussion what we want to set it to

Media posting generally works but there are probably some settings somewhere that need to be changed

Everyone feel free to add anything you run into here. I have a list & these things will be added to it so I can keep track of what needs to be worked

Thanks Stu, is there an edit button?
What I just discovered is that after I type the post, then hit preview, I can't make any changes. I click the preview button again to go out of the preview and I can make changes then post reply.

Disregard, I found the edit button.
I changed the time, I was set to somewhere I have never heard of.

I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

Sorry but I stated earlier that I am dumb so you were warned.

Last edited:
Users can't edit their own birthday & the migration did not populate them correctly

So far I haven't found a place to change that

Users can't edit their own birthday & the migration did not populate them correctly

So far I haven't found a place to change that
Somehow my birthday changed and is correct now. I also just went in and could change it but the members will not be able to do theirs.

Last edited:
Back