New from Pulsar!

If you can tell the difference between a rabbit and a raccoon at 300 yards at 1.6 power that is some good eyes. I know I cant do that.

And if its FOV your after the Trail XP50 has the least FOV of all the Trail models.

I would rather have more base magnification, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: capitolIf you can tell the difference between a rabbit and a raccoon at 300 yards at 1.6 power that is some good eyes. I know I cant do that.

And if its FOV your after the Trail XP50 has the least FOV of all the Trail models.

come on now...a rabbit and raccoon at 300??? Trying to shoot rabbits or raccoons at night at 300 yards???

If that's what you're after you need to go to the Trijicon 60 mm with a base magnification of 4.5x.... 2.5 is going to do nothing for you

What is the base mag of the scope you currently use?

Idk where you are getting ur info but the xp 50 does not have the smallest field of view. I think u need to calm down and start over with basic research. A simple glance at Pulsars website and Trijicons will discredit 2 things youve stated already. How many more errors do you have planned to claim.

Last edited:
If you cant ID a coyote merely by its body language you have problems. With my trail XQ38 I have zero problems well beyond 300 yards IDing between, deer, coon and coyotes

Originally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: capitolIf you can tell the difference between a rabbit and a raccoon at 300 yards at 1.6 power that is some good eyes. I know I cant do that.

Idk where you are getting ur info but the xp 50 does not have the smallest field of view. I think u need to calm down and start over with basic research. A simple glance at Pulsars website and Trijicons will discredit 2 things youve stated already. How many more errors do you have planned to claim.

I currently use the Trail XP50.

And the XP50 does have the least FOV of all the Trail models so where are you getting your info from?

From Pulsars web site

XP50 Field of View,°, horizontal * vertical 12.4x9.3
XP38 Field of View,°, horizontal * vertical 16.3x12.3

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: capitolOriginally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: capitolIf you can tell the difference between a rabbit and a raccoon at 300 yards at 1.6 power that is some good eyes. I know I cant do that.

And the XP50 does have the least FOV of all the Trail models so where are you getting your info from?

From Pulsars web site

you do realize that there is an XQ series in the trail line???

You stated "of all the trail models"....this statement is not true

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: capitolOriginally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: capitolIf you can tell the difference between a rabbit and a raccoon at 300 yards at 1.6 power that is some good eyes. I know I cant do that.

From Pulsars web site

I couldn't find the FOV for the XQ models on Pulsars web site, but because they have a higher base magnification they will have even less FOV then the XP units.

Originally Posted By: capitolOriginally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: capitolOriginally Posted By: Cowboy43Originally Posted By: capitolIf you can tell the difference between a rabbit and a raccoon at 300 yards at 1.6 power that is some good eyes. I know I cant do that.

From Pulsars web site

I couldn't find the FOV for the XQ models on Pulsars web site, but because they have a higher base magnification they will have even less FOV then the XP units. scroll down and click specifications. http://www.pulsar-nv.com/products/thermal-imaging-sights-trail/thermal-imaging-sight-trail-xq50/

What I wish they would come out with is a scanner like the 19a's with that big fov in a 640.That would be the perfect scanner in my opinion. Nothing beats them for scanning in my book and won't get rid of one of mine. Sold one XD on to a guy that really wanted one and have regretted it since. Am looking for another. Picked up an xp 28 for a not to turn down price from a friend/dealer but primarily use the 19a 95% of the time. Trying to find another XD to replace the one I foolishly sold. You need as much fov as you can get in scanning for coyotes is my experience.

I don't think I'm missing field of view or anything. I'm running the xp50LRF and am loving it. Last night I had a coyote barking the "your busted" song. I ranged him at 540yds and put one right thru him. I didn't do it first shot but second put him down. Any downfalls there are, pale to the usefulness of ranging and having good clarity. And yes, I have a radius, I prefer the built in LRF on the Trail 50!

XP28 will give you more clarity for sure and is nice to have IF you can afford the price. I use it walking in now instead of the 19A but for scanning, the 19A is used 95% of the time as I said. Keep the 28 on next to me. Bring it up occasionally when I want to see something or more distant better but could use my XP 50 for that. Just putting it to use now that I have it.

Originally Posted By: iowayotehunter76Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVC New from Pulsar

Summer of 2019...NGI and TNVC will be there at Shot to see this one.

This looks like basically a clip on thermal, but instead it's integrated into one scope. Is this somewhat correct?
I think we're all wondering the same thing how did they fit quality thermal in such a small package?

I'm more concerned about whether they will continue to produce the Trail and Apex models, and if not what kind of support will be available for them. Is this going to be a whole new line in addition or will these two be dropped?

Or what happens to the price of the Apex and the Trails if this is some one-size-fits-all superscope.
I see the scope in the pictures say thermium xp50 on it...... sounds promising. Looks like it should be cheaper but probably quite the opposite. Better scope and smaller package most likely.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleUpI'm more concerned about whether they will continue to produce the Trail and Apex models, and if not what kind of support will be available for them. Is this going to be a whole new line in addition or will these two be dropped?
I was told that they are discontinuing the apex next year. Rumors of price being cheaper than the trail for the new thermion. I guess we will find out after shot.

Originally Posted By: Slowflyte Rumors of price being cheaper than the trail for the new thermion. I guess we will find out after shot.
Maybe the price will be cheaper than the Trails but I will venture a guess that it will be more than the Apex. While thermal technology is very nice, I sometimes feel like we hunters are being played like a well tuned fiddle. Pulsar seems to be doing the same thing ATN did by bringing a product to market and before you can turn around one good time, they drop it and come out with a new model. I mean, look at the Core RXQ scope and how long it lasted, and now the Apex XQ line.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Originally Posted By: Slowflyte Rumors of price being cheaper than the trail for the new thermion. I guess we will find out after shot.
Maybe the price will be cheaper than the Trails but I will venture a guess that it will be more than the Apex. While thermal technology is very nice, I sometimes feel like we hunters are being played like a well tuned fiddle. Pulsar seems to be doing the same thing ATN did by bringing a product to market and before you can turn around one good time, they drop it and come out with a new model. I mean, look at the Core RXQ scope and how long it lasted, and now the Apex XQ line.

I would say it's more about what's selling in pulsars case. The apex line has been around awhile, they just upgraded it with new xq sensor. I choose an apex over the trail, but the trials rechargeable b pack, on board charging, and Wi-Fi abilities with the stream vision app make it more popular and therefore sell better. The core rxq is just not enough scope for most people. I am excited to see what this new product is all about, but something tells me it will not be a replacement for the trails.

Back