New E call ?

jumprightinit

Well the last couple of days convinced me I need a new remote E caller. My ancient Burnam Bros call needs replaced. What's the best new E caller available? Thanks Howard

Why would you ask such a thing on here?(kidding) I started with mouth calls and a Dennis Kirk cassette playing caller(the gray fox distress was a killer). Several years ago I lightened my wallet for a ma15 from wildlife technologies. No regrets as I love the caller. Has my success rate gone up?Some for sure but not dramatically.Because of some after effects of a stroke and noise sensitivity in my ears I rarely if ever blow my Dan Thompson calls any more.I have friends with different fox pros that said the clarity of my caller got the nod.Not trying to say they won't call critters as nearly all will to some degree.

Thanks for the reply. How do you like the remote on the ma15, any trouble with it at night time? I've been reading about the Foxpro Shockwave, have you ever been around one of those? The write ups make it sound good and the remote looks nice with a lot of features and a LCD screen. I want to get something ordered pretty soon, I've got 2 months left on cougar season but will probably die of old age before I call one of those in
smile.gif

Just recently purchased a Icotech GC500. It's not a Shockwave... MaMax or upper end WT callers but it has great sound clarity even at the highest volume, great sounds and very good remote range so far I have been out to 100 yards with it with no issues. It has an easy to use remote. In my opinion it is okay bang for buck but I really wish it came with more sounds. Now to find the time to really put it through it's paces.

I will say the Fusion is a Mercedes compared to the Icotech especially where the remote is concerned.
Some day I will own one of the upper end calls.

Since Foxpro came out with new models like the Fusion this year, there are a lot of bargains on new and used models of Foxpro out there. You could also,check Foxpro's website and check their refurbished models. Buy directly from FP and you can pick the sounds you want, too. I currently use the Fusion but I could be happy still using an older FX3 or Fx5 and the Fury was a great call. I haven't used any other call since my Johnny Stewart days because of FP's great customer service and quality.

Originally Posted By: basdjsSince Foxpro came out with new models like the Fusion this year, there are a lot of bargains on new and used models of Foxpro out there. You could also,check Foxpro's website and check their refurbished models. Buy directly from FP and you can pick the sounds you want, too. I currently use the Fusion but I could be happy still using an older FX3 or Fx5 and the Fury was a great call. I haven't used any other call since my Johnny Stewart days because of FP's great customer service and quality.

Cabelas is handling the refurbished FoxPro units now.

Originally Posted By: possumalOriginally Posted By: basdjsSince Foxpro came out with new models like the Fusion this year, there are a lot of bargains on new and used models of Foxpro out there. You could also,check Foxpro's website and check their refurbished models. Buy directly from FP and you can pick the sounds you want, too. I currently use the Fusion but I could be happy still using an older FX3 or Fx5 and the Fury was a great call. I haven't used any other call since my Johnny Stewart days because of FP's great customer service and quality.

Cabelas is handling the refurbished FoxPro units now.
I forgot that Cabelas was now the distributor for FP's refurb calls, Al. FP still has a reconditioned link on their page but they no longer sell them direct which is a shame because you specify which sounds you wanted and they were a bit cheaper. Thanks for correcting that.

I prefer the simplicity of the remote on the WT caller and yes I have used a FP remote. At night the WT remote is lacking a lighted key pad unless they have changed. There is a small yellow light that you know Its on.I've tried to think of a way to reflect it on the keys but never have fooled with it.

I just about ordered the FP Shockwave yesterday and then looked at the FP Fusion. Now I'm up in the air about which one to get. Reading the manual on the TX 1000 is mind numbing and downloading and setting up new sounds seems like something I'd need a techie to do.

I don't think you'll have any trouble with the Shockwave or the Fusion if you use the FoxPro programmer and your manual. I prefer the Fusion and a SP60 speaker.

No such problems with a WT call. No screen to see and you can't add sounds. Good luck reading your microscopic sound list glued to the back at night. Just because something has a lot of featuresdoesn't mean you have to use them all. Nice to have though. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be.

I have both the alpha dog and the shockwave. They are about the same volume wise the AD has a built in stand the SW you will need a tripod to get it off the ground. The SW has more features and buttons on the remote and you can run the call without the remote the AD only with the remote and the battery meter on the SW is nice to have. The AD remote is simpler and the buttons are bigger I tested both side by side to 100yds and both work great. You can fold both speakers in and out for direction on the AD you can adjust up and down. The AD folds up it to a smaller package but neither is huge. I use both just to have different call sounds since I hunt a small area or both together to have different howls answering each other. The AD has the vocals labeled so you have an idea what you are trying to say whereas the SW doesn't. The SW has foxbang which is nice but you can and will set it off by bumping the remote. I have never had a problem with either one and I don't feel I am at a disadvantage if all I had was the AD. I have noticed the coyotes if in the area will answer the AD vocally more than the SW (no vocal responses yet) for whatever reason. I cannot speak to support because I have not needed it on either one. The SW will tell you when you need to change the batteries however as it will break up at higher volumes on vocals if that happen I will turn the volume down to make it go away while calling. The AD is a considerably cheaper investment to start out as the SW comes in at around $500. These are just my observations ymmv.

Originally Posted By: IhateyotesI have both the alpha dog and the shockwave. They are about the same volume wise the AD has a built in stand the SW you will need a tripod to get it off the ground. The SW has more features and buttons on the remote and you can run the call without the remote the AD only with the remote and the battery meter on the SW is nice to have. The AD remote is simpler and the buttons are bigger I tested both side by side to 100yds and both work great. You can fold both speakers in and out for direction on the AD you can adjust up and down. The AD folds up it to a smaller package but neither is huge. I use both just to have different call sounds since I hunt a small area or both together to have different howls answering each other. The AD has the vocals labeled so you have an idea what you are trying to say whereas the SW doesn't. The SW has foxbang which is nice but you can and will set it off by bumping the remote. I have never had a problem with either one and I don't feel I am at a disadvantage if all I had was the AD. I have noticed the coyotes if in the area will answer the AD vocally more than the SW (no vocal responses yet) for whatever reason. I cannot speak to support because I have not needed it on either one. The SW will tell you when you need to change the batteries however as it will break up at higher volumes on vocals if that happen I will turn the volume down to make it go away while calling. The AD is a considerably cheaper investment to start out as the SW comes in at around $500. These are just my observations ymmv.

Thanks for the comparison , I still haven't made up my mind.

I'm going with the fusion. There is a sports and show near me next week and foxpro will be there. I hope to maybe get it for 50 bucks less than online. We will see either way I'll still buy it. Maybe they wil throw in a free shirt or something.

I got the Shockwave in the mail yesterday. Got the batteries charged up and this morning I set it outside the garage with the dying crow being played. Within a few minutes I had the trees full of crows and 3 bald eagles also came in to see what was going on
smile.gif
It has great sound and lots of volume. Next a trip to the boonies
smile.gif

Back