Need help choosing a trigger

Originally Posted By: Redleg84SSA-E was my favorite trigger until I tried the DMR from Geissele.

Get the SSA-E, it's worth the cost

Agree 100%. The SSA-E is what I put on my predator AR but the DMR is a bad*ss trigger, designed more for long range shooting/sniping. Buddy has 2 DMRs & they break freakin awesome!

My vote is for geissele. I have a couple of ssa-e triggers and just got a bg2s-e from Brownells. The b g2s-e is the same trigger as the ssa-e without the laser engraving. Best trigger I have ever used on an AR.

Another vote for geissele!! I didn't know what all the fuss was about until I bought a Colt Competition with one installed. I have been switching them out in all my ARs. IMO, worth the price.

Ok, so I think I have finally made my mind up and I want to go with the SSA-e trigger from Geissele. I have read that different companies usually run a sale on them for Black Friday. Does anyone know roughly what they usually go for when they're on sale this time of year?

How is the feel compared between ssae and dmr? can you adjust both stages? I shouldn't buy any thing that you can adjust. I just tinker too much.

The DMR feels better in my opinion. Of everything I've tried nothing beats a Geissele Hispeed trigger, I have one with the match spring and one with the DMR spring.

You can adjust both, first stage is a screw and second is the spring. I set it up as per the instructions and never needed to change anything.

Glad I found this thread I need trigger knowledge .What is the difference between the bushmaster two stage trigger or the bushmaster two stage competition trigger.Irecently bought the varminter but it had a 8lb trigger upon calling bush they sent me another two stage trigger this one 5.25 lb no adjustment screws I said the competition trigger is what was advertised but they say no I need input thanks

Glad I found this thread I need trigger knowledge .What is the difference between the bushmaster two stage trigger or the bushmaster two stage competition trigger.Irecently bought the varminter but it had a 8lb trigger upon calling bush they sent me another two stage trigger this one 5.25 lb no adjustment screws I said the competition trigger is what was advertised but they say no I need input thanks

Just finished installing velocity 3lb trigger in the bushmaster varmiter was Avery tight fit when installing the two trigger set screws the safety would not engage Had to completely back screws just to engage safety .Now the safety will only engage with the hammer cocked not freely I might add,it will not shift to safe position with hammer down.has anyone experienced this problem? I can tell the rear tang won't clear should I tamper with this issue? Trigger is good crisp but this safety issue must be solved. Update on competition trigger CS has not returned my calls.

Triggers are funny things, I have Geissele SD-3G, and a Hiperfire 24G, a POF and will probably have an ELF in the not to distant future. Of the ones I have I like the Hiperfire best but it hasn't had the number of rounds through it yet to make a final determination.

Originally Posted By: dubzzzJust finished installing velocity 3lb trigger in the bushmaster varmiter was Avery tight fit when installing the two trigger set screws the safety would not engage Had to completely back screws just to engage safety .Now the safety will only engage with the hammer cocked not freely I might add,it will not shift to safe position with hammer down.has anyone experienced this problem? I can tell the rear tang won't clear should I tamper with this issue? Trigger is good crisp but this safety issue must be solved. Update on competition trigger CS has not returned my calls.

AR15/AR10 safeties do not engage UNLESS the hammer is cocked. You cannot safe it with a hammer down condition.

Greg

I have one two stage, 2-JPs and a one ELF.... for hunting and bench the velocity 3 lb would IMHO be the best for what your wanting if you were strictly bench shooting there better triggers, but a 6 0z trigger out in the field would make me a little nervous.... the ELF is nice but wont go much below 2 lbs if you wanted a good field trigger only i would use the ELF very crisp and reliable and safer set at 4 lbs. Price wise the velocity will be hard to beat for what your wanting...I do not own a velocity but i have had the chance to fire one and they are a very sweet trigger and $60.00 -
$150.00 less than all the others....

Last edited:
The RRA 2 stage varmint, set at 3.5lb pull is the best trigger for the small amount of $$$ out there. And they were selling fast. I had to wait 3 weeks for mine to show up, they flat ran out of them. Once installed it was well worth the wait. I would be hard pressed to prove a Timminey or a Geissele is worth the extra money.

Back