Natural Gear Camo Question

Hutch218

I have a set of Natural Gear camo, and I really like the pattern, but I don't care for their clothing at all. Although the pattern is amazing, I think that the quality of their clothing is not good at all. The jacket sleeves are too poofy (really bad for bowhunting), I can't stand the elastic stuff on the cuffs and waist, and it just doesn't seem to fit me well in general. The pants fit decently, but I don't like the material they're made of. I am very particular about clothing, and I really prefer companies like Sitka or Rivers West. Are there any other companies that make clothing in Natural Gear's pattern? I would like something light-weight if possible so I can use it when it's warmer, but still layer under it when it's cold.

Thanks,
Matt

I will second Hutch's comments. I am loyal to the pattern but the quality of the clothing leaves somethng to be desired. I had a pair of overalls rip on a fence that left me scratching my head??How are you gonna rip on a smooth wire fence? I'm also coming to the conclusion that I should buy everything at least one size bigger than what I think I need (too much sausage and kraut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif). I wish a quality clothes maker would pick up the pattern and put out some hard working stuff for the everyman...that's who uses it, why not??
Trashcan
DCC

I bought the 3-D parka and pant cover-up from them and have been happy with that. That might work for you too. You could wear whatever you want underneath when it is cold and the suit is very breathable for when it is warmer.

Hutch,
I agree with you, and the fact that it is pricey!

If I would have know our local Wally World would have been selling it a year after I bought mine from a NatGear rep, I would have waited!

The jackets I have seen in WalMart fit me better than the NatGear factory stuff!

The stuff at WalMart is made by Remington, I believe. The jeans I bought were Wrangler with the NatGear pattern.

You might wait and see if anything at WalMart fits you then wait until it goes on sale here pretty quick, that's how I usually buy my camo for next year's season!

Tim

Hey guys, for those of you interested in jackets or clothes with Natural Gear's pattern, I found some Arctic Shield jackets in Natural Gear on Ebay. I went to Arctic Shield's site and couldn't find anything with Natural Gear, but on ebay there are a few auctions for jackets made by Arctic Shield with the Natural Gear pattern. I don't know much about Arctic Shield, but it's the only other company I could find so it's worth looking at.

Quote:
Hutch,
If I would have know our local Wally World would have been selling it a year after I bought mine from a NatGear rep, I would have waited!

The jackets I have seen in WalMart fit me better than the NatGear factory stuff!

The stuff at WalMart is made by Remington, I believe. The jeans I bought were Wrangler with the NatGear pattern.

You might wait and see if anything at WalMart fits you then wait until it goes on sale here pretty quick, that's how I usually buy my camo for next year's season!

Tim

That stuff at walmart is made by walmart. I am not saying it is bad but I bought a 2 piece coat from them in natural gear. I cant remember the company name on it. It has been a great coat. I looked at the companies website and couldnt find that coat so I called them. They told me they didnt make it, walmart did and had permission to put their name on it.

Walmart is like Cabelas in that they don't own a factory.

They probably licensed the camo pattern from NaturalGear.

Licensed the name from another company,

and had somebody else's factory make them.

Afew weeks back, Wal-Mart had all the camo gear, including the NG on sale and 50% off, but I didnt buy at that time. Went back a week later, and zilch; it was all removed and summer boating and water sports stuff in its place, so guess I'll have to wait till next year. I do have some of there stuff though, the Wrangler NG jeans, Liberty Long Sleeve T-Shirt + hooded jacket. When I was at Sportsmans Warehouse, I picked up some Real NG gear, and it is darker than the WW stuff. All the Liberty NG is made in China, the Wranglers in Costa Rica, NG brand either China or VietNam. I still think it is the best pattern out and I havent found any problem with the clothing at all, except I do need to lose a few pounds now, as I should have gone up in size, ha.

I like the NatGear pattern too and have a few things from them.
After washing a shirt it drew up so much that the long sleeves came up to my elbows and I had them hemmed to short sleeves. I also have a couple pairs of pants, a hat and tee shirts and they are fine.

Good camo pattern but their customer service is not that good.
Last year I was going to get a Nat Gear leafy suit and called to asked some questions. The person I talked with actually worked there and knew less about the suit than I did. Needless to say I ordered a 3-D suit from ASAT and am really happy with it.

Back