My Specialized Dynamics 6.5 Grendel

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSOriginally Posted By: KingzeroThat is sweet
drool.gif
. Im digg'n the side charge receiver.

Was it more $$ for it as opposed to the standard rear charger?

It is a little more, but I am really digging it. It is well worth it IMHO.

It's for those guys that are closet AK lovers! LOL
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSI can't wait to nail a yote with this bad boy!!

Every coyote I shot with my 6.5 built by Scott, I used the 85 gr serria not 1 moved after being hit..

Every coyote I shot with my 6.5 built by Scott, I used the 85 gr serria not 1 moved after being hit.. [/quote]

What powder are you using? I prefer 8208 but haven't found data for the 85 gn bullets.

I use 29gr of 8208 for the sierra 85 hollow point. Pitman uses the same load I do as well.

For the Sierra 107's i use 28.6gr of 8208.

I have my velocities written down somewhere, just not handy right now. I'll post them up later.

I can't wait to get out and shoot her this weekend. All I have got to do is fondle her for the last few days! Thanks for putting together another amazing upper for me Scott!!

Originally Posted By: scottmilk9I use 29gr of 8208 for the sierra 85 hollow point. Pitman uses the same load I do as well.

For the Sierra 107's i use 28.6gr of 8208.

I have my velocities written down somewhere, just not handy right now. I'll post them up later.

That seems light to me I am in the 30 grain range with 100 grain sierras

Its definitely not a max load, but it grouped so well, i decided not to change it.

If I remember right the 107's were going about 2700fps. but that was with a 24" barrel.

Scott what kind of groups are you getting. I am loading mine with 30.2 grains and am getting 3/4" 5 shot groups with it. I had problems with the 107's

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I was getting between 1/2 and 3/4" groups as well. I loaded them 2.260 which was barely fitting them into the mag, I also had a shorter chamber in my 24" than normal(thats why it became mine) I couldnt use the 123's in this chamber.

I just shot some 85gn sierra loaded with 29 grains of 8208 and a 7.5 primer and had the same results as you guys. One ragged hole. Not sure how fast they are out of my 18" barrel but they are accurate!

Like as though I will be loading up some 85 grainers with 29 grains of 8208. I like ragged holes ( when it comes to targets ).

Back