My homemade security cabinet.

I think you did a great job and have the right idea and mindset.
smile.gif

I am very pleased to see that so many of you are teaching your children about the safe way to handle guns.I think this is the best possible thing to do to make them safe.I think it does remove the curiosity and the forbidden fruit mindset of the child.My girls are grown.My first grandson started shooting when he was 4.Was shooting cowboy action with the big boys when he was 9.Also teach them what to do if they are a someone else's house and their child wants to show them the pistol in the nightstand.The tragedy of accidental shootings of children can be eliminated if others follow your example.

90$ is very cheap cost for peace of mind where your kids safety is concerned. I like what you have done and looks great. Congrats on the job. First class.

Tony

I think you did an excellent job, and gun safety is key. When my boy spots my carry piece he askes me why do you have that. He knows how to handle one but doesnt realize how cruel he world can be just yet. The welds on the hinges look good too. I did something similar but i put my whole safe in the wall of my closet. The wife was like what are you doing. I said just watch n learn.

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223I think you did an excellent job,

defeniatly, a good job & great idea.

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223 When my boy spots my carry piece he askes me why do you have that. He knows how to handle one but doesnt realize how cruel he world can be just yet.

I always just responded "in case there are wolves". He's old enough to get the humor now...

Originally Posted By: reb8600Neat idea. I also believe in educating the kids about firearms. If they want to see them, let them. If they know that they do not need to sneak behind your back to see them, they are a lot less likely to do so. I never had a problem with my kids. I made sure they were not afraid to ask me.

+2 on that. My boys 8 & 11 have been around mine since born. Always locked in a gun cabinet, glass front door. Not a problem here either. That's the way I've grown up also. Until, I get a safe anyways.

Back