my first six pack and a box of beef

Originally Posted By: tripod3well a video would have been spectacular but we'll settle for a steak!

grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Quote:How do you like that caller and have you recorded with it yet?So far I like most everything about the unit. I already put in a request for either larger buttons on the remote, or spread em out. So far that's my biggest beef. And since I've never had a call with a camera or a decoy, I didn't even think to use either.
And after this morning's outing, I'm back on planet earth. Did three more stands, called in 5, shot 3, missed one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: songdogQuote:How do you like that caller and have you recorded with it yet?So far I like most everything about the unit. I already put in a request for either larger buttons on the remote, or spread em out. So far that's my biggest beef. And since I've never had a call with a camera or a decoy, I didn't even think to use either.
And after this morning's outing, I'm back on planet earth. Did three more stands, called in 5, shot 3, missed one.
Those decoys work too good they run in so fast and right up to the caller if a person does not have a shotgun handy it makes it hard to get them.I see you carry both I will most likely carry just one at a time.
do you have good range with the remote ? no raising your hand like my hellfire...lol

Actually I rarely carry a shotgun because the country I hunt I can usually see them and handle them without a shotgun.
The remote works without line of sight. I've only done four stands and haven't tested the range of it, but I did have it on the back side of a small sandhill yesterday where I couldn't see it and it worked just fine.

Yeah, after I shot number five, the adrenaline dump was pretty strong. Thankfully when it came time to shoot #6, I had started getting back under control and the last shot wasn't much more than 50 yards, so it was a chip shot anyways.

"What kind of rifle were you using?"

My rifle is a .17/204 with Lilja barrel cut down to 20.5" on a Rem. 700 action, jewel trigger with S.A.S. Ti Sentinal suppressor.

Originally Posted By: canislatrans54TR, outstandingly well done, sir!!!

(Personally, I think this needs to nominated for Hunter of the Month!!)

naw. even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while
tongue_smilie.gif

kidding of course.

Back