Must have foxpro sounds for coyotes.

zr600

What are the must have sounds specifically for call shy or educated coyotes? Also how does foxbang work with a surpressor?

I don't really believe that there is a magic sound for a mature coyote. I do well by paying more attention to how I am setting up, being able to see a ways down wind and calling for a little longer before 8AM while they are still roaming around. Being comfortable taking 3-400 yard shots seems to take care of the weary yotes, at least for me.

As far as Foxbang; If you smack your remote into the suppressor it should work fine........

Originally Posted By: songdoganything sound that's not being used by everyone else and most have reported foxbang not working with suppressed rifles.

Probably because they haven't changed the settings. I've never had a problem with it going off when shooting with a suppressor.

Once I figure out how to capture the sound of a well worn pair of 33 inch Mud Terrains humming in and out of highway rumble strips at 4AM in between sips of hot coffee onto my Fox Pro...............

Quote: Probably because they haven't changed the settings. I've never had a problem with it going off when shooting with a suppressor.
Myself and one of my friends changed the settings and it never made a difference, fox bang no worky with our suppressed rifles.

Sending you a PM.... some competition may be trolling
smile.gif

My two most successful sounds:
Coyote family
Pup distress #3

Honorable mentions:
Fem coyote sub
Coyote pup screams
coyote yips (101)

Cotton tail sound that doesn't come as default,
jack rabbit that doesn't come as default,
Coyote fighting sounds,
Pup distress,
and a 60 second group howl of some kind.

Early in the season, I find that most sounds work.

Come January, I find that when i play standard sounds that come on the calls, won't work very well.

Some days, they come on a sting to certain sounds, and other days a totally different sound.

When your out and you play something that brings them at a run, I start every stand with that sound the rest of the day.

Out here where Im at, I like fem coy submission, coyote pup screams, devil bunny, pup 3, female long howls, coyote group yip howls, and some tony tebbe sounds that I have.

The big mature coyotes don't generally come to any electronic rabbit in this neck of the woods. We've had great success calling and killing BIG mature coyotes with Fox distress sounds and also seem to do real well with bird distress. Of course it all depends on the time of the year and what we have been seeing lately. Right now we have an over abundance of crows and have killed several big coyotes by playing crow fights and crow distress. And then somedays they come charging right into any noise you can possibly play!

Theres lots of sounds I can take or leave but I would not want to be with out fox distress of some kind.

Back