Mounted the new Zeiss this morning ... WOW.

Hidalgo

Well, after battling the flu for 10 days I finally felt well enough, and was mentally back to normal (for me) to change out the scope on the Ruger. I replaced a Nikon 4-16x40 with a Zeiss 6-24x50 (30mm). The difference is amazing. The light gathering and glass clarity is of no comparison. Not to say that the Nikon was bad ... but the Zeiss is awesome. Wish I had done this exchange a long time ago.

IMG_2132.jpeg

IMG_2133.jpeg

German/Austrian glass is amazing. I went through the same thing with binos. Kept telling myself I couldn't afford or justify swaros. Continually upgrading till I finally bit the bullet and got some used 10x42 slc binos. I'd be ahead if I had just purchased them first.

Last edited:
Is this the V4 or V6? I heavily debated betweeen the V4 and VX5HD..I ended up with the VX5, mostly due to $100 cheaper and the Leupold warranty…I still need another scope so still have the Zeiss on the radar.

Nice upgrade !
I got my first V4 this past fall . Found a sale on the 4-16x44 and couldn't resist ! Glass is nice and seems to track so far. Plan on giving it a work out this spring.

I wanted a 1-8×30 zeiss victory v8 real bad. Found a "blemished" one on midway for half price. Meaning i saved $1500. Problem was, it was the rail variety. So i ordered it anyway, bought a recknagel adapter, and put it on my .308. Sits a little high, but adjustable comb ftw. Man its a nice scope. I love it. And neither i nor my dad could figure out what the blemish was. Its flawless. Their new version is 1-8×24, 30mm tube. If i was filthy rich id just put one of those on every rifle i own, but at 3k a pop,its out of my wheelhouse. Zeiss makes some very nice products.
20230906_073824_copy_800x600.jpg

Last edited:
Zeiss blemished products are simply cosmetic 99% of the time. They don't sell anything that isn't 100% operational. If that scope has adjustable yardage markers on the dial pay close attention to them and make sure they are correct. Sometimes that's the "blemish". And even so ... not a big deal once you find out where the adjustments are.

Back