Most coyotes called in on one stand?

11. All within about 10 minutes. It was crazy. I can;t really take credit for calling them though as we kind of walked into them. we came around a tree line to an opening where we planned on setting up and there was a coyote standing right there. We dropped to the ground (didn't take time to set up properly which in hindsight was a huge mistake) and I grabbed a hand call and let out a few bawls. I believe we stumbled in to two different packs that happened to be close to one another as within minutes they were every where.

Ended up only killing three as we were very unprepared.

In truth, there might have been fewer or there might have been more. The three of us came to the conclusion that the final number was eleven after independently counting and comparing what we saw.

5, killed them all.

Have called in 4 2 other times in the last year, went 3/4 on both of those stands.

Remarkably, all of these 3 stands are within 1 mile or so of eachother.

Couple of years ago, I did an impromptu stand. Green coveralls, standing in a pinon tree. Tooted about 3 times (just a couple of minutes) and had 4 respond. I got 3 with a Ruger #1 in 220 Swift!
Got a bit "active" for a minute or so, there.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: mark shubertCouple of years ago, I did an impromptu stand. Green coveralls, standing in a pinon tree. Tooted about 3 times (just a couple of minutes) and had 4 respond. I got 3 with a Ruger #1 in 220 Swift!
Got a bit "active" for a minute or so, there.
smile.gif

I would have LOVED to have known what first crossed your mind when they all showed up, and then to have watched how fast you reloaded. Had to be classic.

I have written on here about this once before.
in the early 80's I called in 11 at once it looked like a covey of Quail. I emptied my Rifle twice and didn't hit anything. I had one round left and I was sitting there catching my breath wondering WTH just happened and I look out on the road about a mile out and see this dot, at first I thought it was a floater in my eye and then it was no it looks like it's getting closer. I kept watching and it was a Coyote walking down the road toward me. It finally walked up about 50 yards out and stopped and I dropped it.
I couldn't believe out of all that I got just one.

In the past 3 weeks I called in a triple twice, at night using lights. Got 1 of the first 3 with a cz527 in 204. I went out and bought a dpms prairie panther for my next trip and went 3 for 3 in about 30 seconds. I never saw the need for an AR but I sure do now.
I can't imagine 5-6 or more coming in at once.

Originally Posted By: TrapShooter12I have written on here about this once before.
in the early 80's I called in 11 at once it looked like a covey of Quail. I emptied my Rifle twice and didn't hit anything. I had one round left and I was sitting there catching my breath wondering WTH just happened and I look out on the road about a mile out and see this dot, at first I thought it was a floater in my eye and then it was no it looks like it's getting closer. I kept watching and it was a Coyote walking down the road toward me. It finally walked up about 50 yards out and stopped and I dropped it.
I couldn't believe out of all that I got just one. That sounds like something I would do.
unsure.gif
crazy.gif

Had 7 come in on several stands. Managed to kill 4 on at least 1/2 dozen stands using a Ruger #1 single shot.
Also had 3, 4 and 5 come in a couple times and not touch a hair on any of them.LOL.

I really don't remember. I've killed 5 on a stand by myself, two different times. Pretty sure there were 6 came in on both of those, with one getting away each time. Might have been more than one get away on one of them though.

Have had at least five stands this winter, with 4 or more called in. There were 6 called in on two of those (one of them might even have been 7, I think).

Have had four stands this winter with 3 or more killed.

Most ever though, heck, I can't remember. Would guess somewhere around 8 to 10 probably.

- DAA

Here in SC, I don't normally call in a bunch at a time. The most I can remember calling in on one stand is 4 and 3 of those didn't make it back home.

called in 9 one day shot 4.called 4 at night put a hole in all four shooting a right hand bolt both times and i am left handed [ i wish would have had a AR.] could have been awsome or maybe not i laughed one day when a friend was laying on his back in grain stubble and a coyote jumped over him and he emptied his mini 14 as it ran out of sight.

On my way to Mexico one time (so I wasn't packing) and stopped about 45 miles west of Phoenix AZ at daybreak. Had seven running circles around me as close as 10 yards. Would have been a great shotgun set up in the heavy brush I was in.

Last edited:
Six coyotes is the most I have called in on one stand and I killed one of them with a rifle. LOL

Called in 4 coyotes on one stand and killed all four of them with a shotgun. A double and two singles.

5 for 5 earlier this year.

Had to reload the TC Venture. For some reason they didn't scatter like they usually do, 4 original yotes that I saw come in. Shot the one in back. Two crossed me and one stopped at 40 yds, the other at 240, the 4th stopped at 250 going back to where they came from. At this point I took a breath and reloaded my rifle. After putting a cartidge in the chamber I looked up and saw a 5th one sniffing the last one I shot. I lip squeaked him into 65 yds. 5 for 5 with 5 shots. Not a single exit wound from my .243.

Back