Moonbat Messiah Kills Offshore Drilling

Quote:
You don't know nearly as much as you think you do my ill informed fellow poster. What exactly was it that Kennedy told the oil industry that infuriated them so? Let me guess, you think it was the mafia, LBJ or maybe even Oswald? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
"Big Oil" killed Kennedy? Dude, get back on your meds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And you obviously don't know much at all. Who, pray tell, faked the moonshot? Since I'm dealing with you, may I throw out a guess of ol' man Prescott Bush as the one who whacked JFK? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
I'm hopefull that Obama will let this one pass. I just don't know enough about him to guess which way the wind will blow regarding off shore drilling. However, we all know the messiah is going to kill carring concealed in National Parks. I'll take bets from anyone on here that he will kill George W's executive order allowing law abiding citizens to carry in OUR parks.

DO I HAVE ANY TAKERS?

I can't find much on that but I think that the order is already in place and not one of those put on hold.

The commie nut Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy. His Marine Corps training allowed him to make some great shots with a junk rifle.

Conspiracy theories are a lot of fun, granted, as is imagining ghosts, Big Foot, UFOs, Atlantis, shadow people and The Loch Ness monster are all real, too, but, alas, they are not--at least outside of the world of Coast to Coast world of Art Bell and George Noory...

I_Want_To_Believe.jpg

You really need to shoot a 6.5mm Carcano sometime on a range, not at beer cans. I have on plenty of occasions and can tell you Oswald was indeed the patsy.

Quote:
The commie nut Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy. His Marine Corps training allowed him to make some great shots with a junk rifle.

Conspiracy theories are a lot of fun, granted, as is imagining ghosts, Big Foot, UFOs, Atlantis, shadow people and The Loch Ness monster are all real, too, but, alas, they are not--at least outside of the world of Coast to Coast world of Art Bell and George Noory...

I_Want_To_Believe.jpg

Quote:
You really need to shoot a 6.5mm Carcano sometime on a range, not at beer cans. I have on plenty of occasions and can tell you Oswald was indeed the patsy.

Quote:

I_Want_To_Believe.jpg

The main thing I would like to know is whether he used the scope or fired using the open sights. I tend to think he didn't use the scope since it was not securely mounted and very famously required several shims for stabilization during subsequent FBI test firings.

Do you seriously have one of those things, DR? If so, that's very cool. I don't even think I've ever seen one at a gun show or anywhere else, just in pics. I've always wanted to shoot one, just because I have a huge list of different guns I'd like to try before I reach the end of the road. Sort of a firearms 'Bucket List,' lol!

I seem to remember an article about when the Russians gave us a folder on Oswald it had comments by some Officers that had hunted with him. It seems that they considered him a poor shot.

I don't have one but a friend of mine does, (a fellow Browning A-5 collector) and can tell you that it is a PITA. To fire it you must push the bolt forward w/significant so as to engage the firing pin/bolt. It is in no way renowned for its accuracy and very loud! If you've never fired one then you must treat yourself to it. I guess we're spoiled by today's technology.

Quote:

Do you seriously have one of those things, DR? If so, that's very cool. I don't even think I've ever seen one at a gun show or anywhere else, just in pics. I've always wanted to shoot one, just because I have a huge list of different guys I'd like to try before I reach the end of the road. Sort of a firearms 'Bucket List,' lol!

Quote:
I seem to remember an article about when the Russians gave us a folder on Oswald it had comments by some Officers that had hunted with him. It seems that they considered him a poor shot.

Interesting.

FWIW, as a Marine: "...in December 1956, Oswald scored a rating of sharpshooter (twice achieving 48 and 49 out of 50 shots during rapid fire at a stationary target 200 yards (180 m) [183 m] away using a standard issue M1 Garand semi-automatic rifle)."

I guess you guys can read into this whatever you will.

Quote:
I don't have one but a friend of mine does, (a fellow Browning A-5 collector)...

Not to thread hijack here, sorry, but I had to mention that the first duck I ever shot in my life was with an old Browning A-5 16 ga. Man, I just LOVED that thing, especially as the years went by and I grew into it. I'd still have and shoot it today, too, but some jerk stole it during a big kegger at my house when I was about 19. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

IMHO, it is the finest shotgun that has ever been mass produced. John M. Browning was a man unlike any other. I collect the yrs from 1953 to 1966 in all gauges in 98% and above condition. I love the 50's vintage "St Louis Mo." w/the rust blue and red colored wood. I would be so furious if someone stole one of my A5's. Buy another one there Java. If you like I can scrounge one up for ya.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't have one but a friend of mine does, (a fellow Browning A-5 collector)...

Not to thread hijack here, sorry, but I had to mention that the first duck I ever shot in my life was with an old Browning A-5 16 ga. Man, I just LOVED that thing, especially as the years went by and I grew into it. I'd still have and shoot it today, too, but some jerk stole it during a big kegger at my house when I was about 19. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Ole guy I know called me a while back and said to come on over. When I got to his place he handed me a practically mint A-5 12 ga. Told me he didnt need it anymore and just gave it to me. I always was a Winchester collector but I love that A-5. Hope that doesn't make you feel bad or anything, really. It was just my lucky day.

back to the thread, while oil is cheap I don't think htis matters. I also think obama will change with the winds & if oil goes up enough & domestic drilling is seen as popularly supported, he'll be all for it.

What yr? Belgium or Jap?

Quote:

Ole guy I know called me a while back and said to come on over. When I got to his place he handed me a practically mint A-5 12 ga. Told me he didnt need it anymore and just gave it to me. I always was a Winchester collector but I love that A-5. Hope that doesn't make you feel bad or anything, really. It was just my lucky day.

Quote:
What yr? Belgium or Jap?

Quote:

No idea. I know he got it back in the 70's and it was used then.

Post the serial # and I'll date it for you.

Quote:
Quote:
What yr? Belgium or Jap?

Quote:

No idea. I know he got it back in the 70's and it was used then.

Quote:
back to the thread, while oil is cheap I don't think htis matters. I also think obama will change with the winds & if oil goes up enough & domestic drilling is seen as popularly supported, he'll be all for it.

I don't think so Stu. When gas hit $4/gal back in July who was resisting ANY effort to expand domestic production?-Democrats. Just because they are running the entire show now shouldn't make a difference. When gas goes out of sight again their "solution" to the problem will be subsidizing "Big Ag", "Big Wind", "Big Solar", "Big Green" and other pie in the sky garbage that amounts to Big Bull.

This is the number off of the bottom of the receiver? Is it a 12 ga light model? Meaning does the barrel band have holes in it and does it have a Gold trigger? Be sure and list any alpha prefix's in front of the serial # if any.

Quote:
Says St Louis , Mo on the barrel #7311x

The serial NR is right in front of the the loading port. It says '12 ga light' stamped on it. Gold trigger. The SN is 7311......the X just replaces the last numeral in the SN. There isn't any holes in the barrel.

Quote:
IMHO, it is the finest shotgun that has ever been mass produced. John M. Browning was a man unlike any other. I collect the yrs from 1953 to 1966 in all gauges in 98% and above condition. I love the 50's vintage "St Louis Mo." w/the rust blue and red colored wood. I would be so furious if someone stole one of my A5's. Buy another one there Java. If you like I can scrounge one up for ya.

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, down the road a little bit I just may take you up on your kind offer there, DR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back