Montana Wolf

That is one big coyote... I would guess that thing to weigh at least 25 or 30 pounds... Seriously though that is awesome... I would love to shoot a wolf someday...

Jesus that's a big dog! Can you imagine being cornered by one let alone a pack of them. Very nice! I'm sure that coat was pretty thick and fluffy so I'm going to say 85 pounds.

Last edited:
I will guess 95lbs. Great job on getting one, they are intense to hunt. I laughed about the poor quality of the howl, I have heard so many crappy howls that it is more typical than not. Happily the wind was in your favor or they never would have been seen. Now go find another one!

Originally Posted By: jcs271I will guess 95lbs. Great job on getting one, they are intense to hunt. I laughed about the poor quality of the howl, I have heard so many crappy howls that it is more typical than not. Happily the wind was in your favor or they never would have been seen. Now go find another one!

Yep as with calling any predator the wind is most important. I have howled at plenty, but this one was crazy bad, so bad I thought for sure it was a guy with a new howler he didn't know how to use.
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing your story hope to get the chance some day to take a wolf what an adrenaline rush it must be congratulations again.

tjones--Congratulations!!! That had to be one fantastic hunt for you, especially since your son brought you such good luck. Thanks for sharing the story and photos with us.

Back