Monopod, Bipod, Tripod??

I ordered the S-25C Bipod. Next week ill give it a try when it arrives. I do like the Trigger sticks but they are kinda clumsy to move around while sitting.

I like the stability of the tripod, if I have to adjust it can easily be converted into a bipod or a mono pod in no time at all, if I have to turn I simply hold the rifle and tripod with one hand and turn where I need to. I shoot in rocky boulder areas and like Versatility and mobility.

I've been using a Bog-Pod tripod, but I don't have enough time under my belt to form an opinion. This is a good thread though and it is great to see and hear what the experience has been with all the different options. One thing I have noticed about the tripod is that it is a bit more work at times to get a good solid setup because you have 3 legs to worry about, but it certainly is the most stable. I guess as I continue to get experience my opinions may change. I can definitely see some of the advantages an attached bipod (such as a Harris) may offer when the animal comes in at a direction you maybe weren't prepared for and have to readjust quickly.

Back