Misting?

Quote:
Total waste of time.

This should get things fired up around here and be good for at least a half dozen pages (in weasels case 18 pages). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Carry on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Total waste of time.

I would like to know why its a waste of time. I was thinking about giving it a try this weekend.

Quote:
Again... what the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif is misting ?

Misting, my friend, is pissing in the wind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Pretty much anyways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here we go again........

Drama.jpg

Love your comeback and photo explaination weasel !!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Errick, no need to be sorry. We've had quite a few threads about misting. They usually start out fun then turn serious. After the serious part comes the name calling and battles. In the end members choose sides and pout. Probably the best thing to do is try it for yourself and make up your own mind. Some folks are set in there ways and it's either their way or the highway.

I've had many coyotes circle downwind this year just out of shotgun range, I know I can't hide my scent, so if I can add something else to maybe make him curious it might be worth a try.

Quote:
I've had many coyotes circle downwind this year just out of shotgun range, I know I can't hide my scent, so if I can add something else to maybe make him curious it might be worth a try.

While it may keep their attention a lil longer, it's probably wont bring them closer once they are already down wind.

Quote:
griz,

Misting is that carbon spray that you "mist" all over yourself that is supposed to eliminate scent.

Nope. You're not even close with this statement.

Why don't you guys just say what it is? It's spraying some kind of cover scent downwind during your stand with the thought that it will either interest a predator and/or hinder it from smelling you.

Quote:
Why don't you guys just say what it is? It's spraying some kind of cover scent downwind during your stand with the thought that it will either interest a predator and/or hinder it from smelling you.

If you talk to those who use it regularly , they would probably say that it is neither of what you just described.

Errick, if you've had many circling downwind out of shotgun range I'd say a rifle would eliminate that problem.Probably much better than carrying a concoction of various urines around.Some swear by it,I don't.How could you ever keep that stuff where it belongs and not in your truck and on you?I have seen no definitive proof that it works.I gave it a good trial run and couldn't tell a bit of difference.Now,some advocate will post that I just didn't have the right mix.Keep it simple.

Back