Minaska callers back on the market

AWS

Retired PM Staff
There was a recent thread about Minaska repairs . I did a little research on repairing a Minaska and it looks like a Minaska is going to be back in business. I for one will be giving them a try, it is still one of my favorite callers.

Not sure they’re going to be able to compete in today’s caller market with the Bandit M2 at $500? FoxPro, Lucky Duck and ICOtec all have made significant advancements in callers and remotes since Minaska went out. Current units with more advanced features for considerably less $ is going to make things tough.

I’m slightly suspicious about the website as well. Literally no information about anything on there. No specs. Only 2 sounds. IDK? We’ll see I guess? I wish them good luck in their comeback.

Anybody heard anymore about this? It’s been over a month since I shipped two calls to him for repairs and haven’t heard a word from him.

Anybody heard anymore about this? It’s been over a month since I shipped two calls to him for repairs and haven’t heard a word from him.
I haven’t heard anything but it sounds about right. I purchased a Bandit from them back in 2006 or 2007 I think. It took forever to get my caller. Like a month! I wasn’t alone either. The Borland’s were on this board fairly regularly saying it was growing pains and they were behind or whatever. That was fine and understandable to a point. Lots of direct email’s went unanswered or the replies were pretty vague about when it would ship. It finally did. It wasn’t the caller options/camo pattern that I specified but I kept it. Good caller. Killed quite a bit with it.

Point is I think you’ll get your calls back when Steve gets around to it. They made a decent product but I feel like the business side of things leaves a lot to be desired with them? Just my opinion. Good luck!

I emailed them and supposedly they were going to send me a catalog in pdf form and he would build me any custom call I wanted. Haven’t heard a word either and went ahead and ordered another manufacturer call.

FYI, four months later and still haven’t got my calls back from Steve. I’ve called and spoke with him once. He was going to get them finished up and sent out the next week. Nothing since. That was two months ago. Just write it off as a learning experience and move on I guess.

FYI, four months later and still haven’t got my calls back from Steve. I’ve called and spoke with him once. He was going to get them finished up and sent out the next week. Nothing since. That was two months ago. Just write it off as a learning experience and move on I guess.
That really stinks, but it sounds like not much has changed when compared to their early days. I hope at some point you get your calls back.

My post was in February and I’ve still yet to receive anything from them.
I’m gonna say they’re out of business or won the lottery and just don’t care.

My post was in February and I’ve still yet to receive anything from them.
I’m gonna say they’re out of business or won the lottery and just don’t care.
Spurchaser,

We definitely didn't hit the lotto..:))

I have decided to release an entirely new line of products but that required starting from scratch. I apologize, the only catalog I have ready to send out is just of the older style Minaska callers, upgrades you can do to them and accessories etc. I do still have some of those older style units left but after committing to the new product designs I didn't get any of the older catalogs sent out.

Steve

Back