Midway USA Gouging

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeIf you don't like it,don't buy from them.

End of story...

I always look somewhere else first. I don’t buy from them very often any more and don’t intend to.

Things are going up in price for sure.

I've been able to network with about four people within an hour of where I live to swap powder and primers at pre BS prices... several of us have worked out deals to align our excess supplies IAW immediate needs.

Sunday PV got some powders in but I could only afford to pick just one... I wanted IMR 4064 and AA2200 and I went with AA2200.

It was $180 with $19.95 HAZMAT and $13.95 shipping. Total was $213.90, not too bad.

I'll patiently await the next shipment and continue to slowly acquire what I need in the immediate future vs. just snatching up what I can when I can.

I should be set, I've counted primers and estimated my shooting. Got bullets coming out of my ears and a cabinet full of new brass. Certain powders are good some are running thin. The thin loads, I have substitute powders and loads for. I should be set. But I look daily for something I "might" need and keep wanting more. Tis a sickness I guess.

Originally Posted By: RockChucker1980Don't hold me to this but I think Midway USAs powder ships from Powder Valley anyways. Midway doesn't stock powders.

That could be true, I've noticed that a few hours after pv shows powder, midway usually has some.

Off-topic, but one of my pet peeves with PV's website is that they don't have in stock notifications/alerts. I know they are a little family owned business, but that is one improvement they could add to their website that I think would greatly improve customer experience while at the same time negating a ton of the repeated inquiries they get during times like this. I've suggested it to them several times, I never even get a response.

I didn't read through all of the responses, but I've always been happy with MidwayUSA as long as I'm able to hold out for a free shipping deal from them. I look on their websight quite a bit and haven't noticed anything to the point where I'd accuse them of gouging. As someone already mentioned, the prices of everything reloading/ammo wise are going up.

What I've noticed lately when searching for components on line are the one's that don't have the item in stock seem to always list the better prices. One's that do have the items have the prices more realistic.

Just what I've observed anyway.....

Last edited:
The last thing I bought from Midway was some Factory 2nd 6.5 "projectiles" aka bullets, LOL. The price was pretty good considering.
There are a couple of powders I'd like to get but I haven't been able to catch them in stock at either Midway or PV. I really miss having my FFL01 and being able to order from BHSS.

You have to realize that retailers like Mid Way don't get app their stuff direct from the factory, they go through suppliers and they may very well jacking their prices up even though the factories are stay the same price.

Originally Posted By: wolverines
...What I've noticed lately when searching for components on line are the one's that don't have the item in stock seem to always list the better prices. One's that do have the items have the prices more realistic.

Just what I've observed anyway.....
thumbup.gif

As prices go up the sport/hobby community WILL lose members. Much of the panic/impulse buying by new gun owners will be a one time buy, only to sit unused. But as prices hold and even continue to rise more and more folks will shoot less and less. You personally may have a stash or economic means to buy no matter the price. But realize that many many members do not. That’s all over every forum. Which brings me to my to point. With less and less shooting people’s interests will go elsewhere. If I’m covered for supply for my weapons for a SHTF situation then they can sit and stand ready. But if I’m not reloading, buying new guns and ammo or equipment or shooting, then my interest in conversations about same dwindles. If so, then interest in forums will start to wind down. A smaller and smaller group can entertain each other. Not a good scenario but possible. Food for thought.

I use Midway a lot, Graf's, S&G they all have gone up. If you need it get it
If you don't like the price and can't find it anywhere else leave it, somebody else will buy it.

If a store can sell all of their ammo and reloading components at a high price very quickly, why should they sell it at a lower price?

Right now most of the places that are showing good prices don't have anything in stock to sell.

Powder Valley and Midsouth have had powder quite often at a lot lower price than Midway. The prices they show when out of stock is what they sell it for when they get some.

This is simple economics of supply/demand. No one is forcing you to buy at MidwayUSA prices or anywhere else. I just don't understand why you must feel the need to complain about it. Just like those that want 3x on their bolt action rifles, when everyone wants semi auto.

The price is set at what someone is willing to pay for widgit X. You think prices are bad now, just wait...we have at least 4 more years of dems/Xiden in office.

Originally Posted By: arlaunchI will wait for prices to settle down. They will. It will take a lot of time though.

Same here. I have enough to shoot all I want for several years.

I just bought some items from Midway. I couldn't find them, with confidence, from any other person or company. I feel that the price was relative to the basic supply and demand scenario that has already been mentioned. I believe that it really comes down to how much you want or need the item. My purchase was out of necessity so the price really didn't matter. If I needed something like a newer and better trigger or more powder that I really don't need, I would have been more patient with my purchase.

Back