Mexico threatens: If Trump wins we will call back our citizens

Yeah, towing all those junked out cars loaded down with broken furniture and toys. I will take a weeke vacation and stay home so that I dont slow them down.

Originally Posted By: vahunterWho will pour concrete and do landscaping then ?

the same people who did it before the illegals came.

Americans!

No reason they can't come back legally and do all of that. Fact is, they are better off doing so, because the employer is then required to pay competitive wages.

Hired 3 Nicaraguans' to work this summer through the H2A program, the boss couldn't be happier.

They boarded their plane at midnight, arrived in Bismarck at noon, wanted to go to the beeyard that afternoon.

Wanted to go to work at 7 am next morning, told them they'd be by around 8:30 to pick them up.

Got there at 8:30 they're both standing at the curb, dressed to go to work, lunches packed, waiting.

David said he set down a few pallets of boxes for them to restack, to take to the beeyard, went to take a dump, before he was through they're in there knocking on the door looking for something to do. Said he went out to see if they'd stacked them all down, and they have enough [beeep] stacked down for two weeks.

Went out and pulled honey, David said he was popping lids, turned around to go back and pull empty boxes off the top and set them down, said they were about to run over him setting them down.

After pulling 2 truck loads of honey, came back, they untied the truck, helped put everything away, he comes back around the corner, one of them has gone and got the other 1 ton and is washing it, at 4:30 in the afternoon. Said, truck is dirty, needs washing, we clean it up.

Had them fill out their W-4 forms, they thought it was fantastic! Last boss didn't withhold taxes, they got done at the end of the year, had to pay in $12,000.

Bought them an Air Conditioner to go in the rental house they're staying in. Boss said they have thanked him every day for a week now.

They keep telling them they are good to work for, last boss stood there screaming and cussing at them non-stop, they work beside them. They've been there a week and both want to come back, want career positions.

They work, work hard, don't complain about anything, are very thankful to have a job, and the ones we have are adamant about complying with the law. Had one application we received that his Visa wasn't approved, the guys said... "Last time he was here, he had 3 month work Visa, he didn't go home for 8 months. No do that. You come, you work, you go home, or you not get to come back."

It's really not that difficult for them to get here legally if they want to. Problem is, most of them aren't intelligent enough to jump through the hoops necessary to do so. And, it doesn't require a great deal of intelligence.

Originally Posted By: vahunterWho will pour concrete and do landscaping then ?

Reminds me of the legend of the Alamo.

On February 23, 1836 General Antonio López de Santa Anna arrived at the Alamo near San Antonio with a force of 1500 Mexican troops.

A sentry sounded the alarm and Colonels Jim Bowie and William B Travis (co-commanders of the garrison) ran to the wall to asses the situation.

It is rumored that Col Travis said, "Look at all the Mexicans, Jim, are we pouring cement today?"

Regards,
hm

You're right, Rocky, there are LOTS of good, reliable workers who want nothing more than a job to provide for their families.

Ranch where I hunt has a LEGAL (legal being the key word here) family from Mexico that has been working the ranch for 13 years that I know of, as that's how long I have hunted there. Great folks! I'm not aware of their citizenship status, but I do know they are legally here.

The man and his wife and two sons (about 7 & 8 or 9) are provided a house on the ranch and the lady cooks for the hunters during season; the man maintains fences (5300 acres), broke horses, tended cattle, and all the other any other chores on the ranch.....by himself. (Roundup time they use helicopters and hire a few cowboys to help work the cattle.)

The older son was killed in an auto accident when he returned to Mexico to visit relatives as a young teenager, the other son is grown now, has a family who also have a residence on the ranch and he helps his father now. Both exceptionally hard workers and extremely grateful for the opportunity to work.

These guys do such an outstanding job that they have managed to keep fences tight enough to keep hogs from adjacent properties off the ranch....no small chore!

The only problem I have is with the illegals who are overwhelming the school systems, hospitals, etc., not to mention hauling drugs and recruiting area youths to join them.

Regards,
hm

When the boss signed up for the program he was put in contact with an agency that handled all of it. Word was that it takes up to a year to process everything. He procrastinated until February, finally signed up 4 months before he needed them.

Got down to the deadline, he received 5 applications for review. Ap tells you all you want to know about them. How old they are, marital status, whether they have children, whether they drink or not, how tall they are, how much they weigh, how much experience they have in the filed applied for, what equipment they can operate, whether they have a drivers license, has a picture of them, how well they speak English, understand English, spoken and written. You go through and choose the ones you want to interview, they conduct a phone interview, you make your choices.

The one who didn't receive his Visa, spoke English fluently. When asked if he could translate, he said English was his strong language, followed by Mayan, didn't know enough Spanish to feel he'd be much good translating.

One of the two chosen was working in Canada up to the week before he left for North Dakota. Flew home to see his wife and kids, and hopped a plane back to North Dakota 10 days after getting home. The second indicated his English was relatively poor, they're learning he understands and speaks a great deal more English than he let on, and it seems to improve with every passing day as he learns more and more that he isn't going to get cussed and yelled at every breath.

The 2 of them lived less than 20 miles apart in Nicaragua, so they met up with each other down there before coming to the US. When Jorge who speaks the most English, learned that Elvis' Visa was denied, he called the boss up and told him he met a friend of Jose's, and feels he would make a good addition to the team. Said Edwin has 16 years experience working in beekeeping, nice guy, easy to get along with. He would be a good employee, doesn't speak much English, but he'll translate for him. Boss told him to have Edwin submit his paperwork to the agency.

Agency got his paperwork, sent his ap and 3 more to the boss. He told the gal, since Edwin already knows Jose well, and has met Jorge, and gets along with him well enough that Jorge went out on a limb and recommended him, I think he would be my wisest choice, because then I don't have to worry about conflicting attitudes and dispositions amongst them. She said that was a very wise decision on his part, and they would work much better together. Edwin arrives today, 10 days after submitting his ap to the agency.

It really isn't that tough to get them here legally!!

Back