Many shooting lvsf's

Originally Posted By: coyotezapperWhy replace the original stock??? Seems to be a good compromise between being a field stock and a bench stock.

Making it a bdl instead of adl would be my purpose

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BirdsandspursI have a 222. Is there any purpose to wanting a 17 or 221? Or would it be a waste? I have no personal experience with the 17 or 221

The 221 is a great reloaders caliber, very cheap to load for mostly because it only uses like 16-20.5 grains of powder. I have one in a LVSF, it shoots pretty good...

LVSF's I really do like them. Had 5 at one time but down to 2 now, 17 Rem. & 204 Ruger
All shot real well once you find the load they liked. The 17 Rem. was really testing me and put more rounds down the pipe then the rest. Use to think seating depth was the last thing to dial them in but this one I should have started with that

I have a 204, 17 Rem, 221 FB, and a NIB 243. The first three shoot really well. I had another 243 and a 22-250 and let a guy talk me into a trade and I wish I had never did it. I still keep thinking i will find one in every caliber they made but they are getting hard to come by. Its just another mistake Remington made by not continuing to produce the LVSF.

HouseCat said:
I have a 204, 17 Rem, 221 FB, and a NIB 243. The first three shoot really well. I had another 243 and a 22-250 and let a guy talk me into a trade and I wish I had never did it. I still keep thinking i will find one in every caliber they made but they are getting hard to come by. Its just another mistake Remington made by not continuing to produce the

Sale the 243?

Originally Posted By: HouseCatI have a 204, 17 Rem, 221 FB, and a NIB 243. The first three shoot really well. I had another 243 and a 22-250 and let a guy talk me into a trade and I wish I had never did it. I still keep thinking i will find one in every caliber they made but they are getting hard to come by. Its just another mistake Remington made by not continuing to produce the LVSF.

243 for sale?
Jim D

I've built a "faux" LVSF, a LVSF 22-250 barrel on a 722 (300 Sav.) action w/Sako extractor in a 700 ADL stock. I just picked up an LVFS stock and it seems much stiffer than the 700 ADL stock, will be fitting the stock this summer.

Last edited:
I had one in a 221 for a little while. Really accurate with a 40g Nosler and 15.5g of Lil Gun. I ended up selling it because I couldn't warm up to the stock, and the ejection issues most 700s in 221 are plagued with.

Shot like this with boring regularity.

oops. yeah. going screen blind.

is that a musky or northern in the picture? how long and weight? nice fish.

good looking coyote too. you skin and put up keep the fur? how many you kill in a winter?

1) Muskie. No northerns in ky. No idea on weight, 14-18# maybe. Length was 43. We don't ever weigh them. Snap a quick pic, measure and back in they go.

2) every year is different. Between coyotes, fox and bobcats usually less than 6-7 a year. I don't go much and I've never been great at it. 90% of my outdoor time is spent Muskie fishing and grouse hunting. I go calling 8-10x a year.

I just bought a 221fireball LVSF,sent it to Ronnie Long to bed and true the action.Shot a inch or so when I got it. If this works I will give a report. Don

Back