Man ....... I wish ......

Hidalgo

.....I had some Universal Clays

...or Red Dot

...or Green Dot

...or WAALite (no longer produced)

...or Winchester 209 primers

To be clear, I'm not asking for any of this stuff .......... just an old man complaining. :LOL: It'll start showing up sooner or later.

Last edited:
Yep. I like road trips, but that's a bit longer than I can justify. Thanks for the offer though. Very nice of you!

I have Universal Clays, Red Dot, and Green Dot that I could sell. But I'm in Montana 59404.
I could part with a few pounds of each I think.

Man I wish... I had 2 or 3 boxes of Sierra #1530 .243 85 gr. HPBT-GK. And a couple hundred Federal 209A shotgun primers for my inline muzzleloader. And my hair wasn't leaving at the rate that it is and that extra 20 pounds wasn't showing on my sideways profile. :)

Man I wish... I had 2 or 3 boxes of Sierra #1530 .243 85 gr. HPBT-GK. And a couple hundred Federal 209A shotgun primers for my inline muzzleloader. And my hair wasn't leaving at the rate that it is and that extra 20 pounds wasn't showing on my sideways profile. :)
Thought I might could help, but the Sierras were 100 gr. SP's. Have you tried the 87gr Hornady BTHP? Mike @ Dtech recommended a load for the 243 WSSM ? They shot lights out and great on coyotes & hogs as well?

ETA: No help on the hair or weight either.:(

I have used the 87 gr. Hornady BTHP years back. It is a good bullet, but a bit too fragile for my needs. The Sierra has been a go-to all-around bullet for me in the .243 for a longtime. The #1530 holds up on deer and hogs.

YES on the HDBB's! Don't know about the .358, but the .375 Accubonds are very accurate, just a little bit tougher than the BT.
I've shot several deer with 180 grain accubond hand loaded in my 30-06 and 300 RUM. Also the 260 grain version in my 375 RUM. Every deer had a reaction like they weren't hit with a broadside heart and lung shot. Most either still stood there or ran a 100 plus yards before dropping over dead. All deer were recovered. All looked like they were shot with a full metal jacket poking q pencil sized hole in and out. The first buck I ever shot with them I shot it twice behind the front shoulder broadside and a little over 100 yards with my 30-06 and 180 grain version. Perfect heart and Long Shot 2 in behind the front shoulder. The poor deer was already wounded from the neighbors and came limping in with a front broken leg so I basically was finishing it off it was a halfway decent 10 pointer but not a shooter in my book. I thought I missed the deer after the two shots but when I looked through my skull I could see blood coming out behind the front shoulder Center Mass so I aimed directly for the shoulder High and dropped it with a high shoulder backbone shot. When I walked up to it it lifted its head up and kept trying to get away! I figured maybe the bullets were too hard at $2,650 ft per second out of my 30-06 so I tried them in my 300 rum around 3250 fps and 375 RUM around 3100 fps with the same rotten results. These were within the first 2 years of production. Swore them off after three different rifles and calibers and almost a dozen deer reacting the exact same way. I'll stick to cup and core over them.

Oh…I forgot federal can start making their wingshot 1 7/8oz classic lead BB loads again in 3 inch 12 gauge and 10 gauge 3 1/2“ 2 ounce loads as well. I remember I buying those in 25 count boxes for $29 to $39 around 10 to 15 years ago. Good thing I have about 10 boxes left.

Shot a few does w/375 accubonds while working up a load & practice for an eland hunt; don't remember how far the does ran but do recall that the AB's did not expand much on small does. Used 200 gr. AB in .338 WM on several Scimitar Horned Oryx w/good results but they're a bit bigger. The 200 AB shot to same POI in that rifle & performed similar to the 210 NP's, but they are tougher than the BT's in smaller calibers IME. Preferred the NP's on anything larger than the SH Oryx. Worked up a load w/150 AB's for the .308, but quit deer hunting & never used them on game; based on your experience with them in the 06 probably a good thing. :ROFLMAO:

Winchester and Nosler can feel free to bring back the CT line in 40 grain .224 and 55 grain .243. Also the 180 grain .308 Nosler partition golds! I still have about 70 or so. They group awesome in my 300 RUM and are beasts!

Yep the partitions are awesome. They’re a little more accurate than the accubond bullets are in my rifles as well.
Really, that's interesting. NP's are accurate enough but the BT & AB are better in my rifles. Had hoped to get in one more eland hunt and planned to use the 338 WM & try the new Nosler 265gr ABLR which was the heaviest bullet I found. Really interesting bullet but haven't had a chance to get to the range.
1708741610830.jpeg

I’ve watched a few people on YouTube shoot animals with them and they have less than stellar performance and need a follow up shot. They still kill of course but they don’t have that massive kinetic energy drop down in their tracks performance it seems like just like the regular Accubonds. It’s too bad I was hoping for great things from them. I haven’t found a bonded bullet yet it really wants to come apart on thin skin game enough anyways for a good energy dump.

Hornady use to make the Interbond. They must have silently faded away? Never tried them, but I know they were designed to compete with the the accubond and swift Scirrocco. I believe they had accuracy issues so Hornady kicked them to the curb. I know the accubonds never grouped well for me. A lot of ladder testing and powder burning to finally get down to .8” groups with accubonds. The Scirroccos were good groupers in my 243’s and 300 RUM. The original Scirrocco design opened up really good at close range for energy dumping performance out of my300 RUM on black bear. The updated Scirrocco 2’s they are to tough and don’t expand as much but not as bad as the accubonds. Probably great African bullets to make sure you get exits.

Last edited:
Yep the partitions are awesome. They’re a little more accurate than the accubond bullets are in my rifles as well.

That's definitely not the norm, Partitions hve never been crazy accurate in anything I've tried or seen them in while Accubonds shoot great I some guns, always better than the Partition.

That said if I had to shoot a Kodiak it would probably be a Partition!

Back