Lyman Bore Scope

With that much cleaning staring you in the face, Rusty, it might pay to order out a bottle of TACTICAL ADVANTAGE. It sure is a great shortcut, at least of fresh fouling.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...569#Post3149569

I did find that it works much faster if applied to an Iosso nylon brush (Iosso has very stiff bristles), brushed on with a dozen or so strokes; let sit overnight (harmless to bore)and follow w/dry patch. Repeat if necessary.

Have not tried on long term buildup, but it works great on fresh fouling so suspect it would do fine, and you could set up an assembly line to do five or six at a time that way.
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

I plan on trying some of that. Looks good in the "after" pictures of your barrels. Mine right now look like your "before" pictures. It's Memorial Day so might be a good day for a ride over to Sportmans and/or Cabela's and see if they have any of that stuff. I have lots of copper cleaner and one kind of carbon cleaner as well as the more abrasive cleaners such as JB bore paste. But I am always up for trying something new and that Tactical Advantage looks to be good stuff. Good excuse to go for a motorcycle ride on a beautiful day in Idaho anyway.

Thanks for the tip. Hope it works as good for me as you.

Quote:Hope it works as good for me as you.

Me, too! The only thing is I'm not sure how deep it (or any other) solvent can penetrate multiple layers as would be the case with "old" fouling built up over time. Might take more applications???

I do know it works better than the (probably 10) other (non-abrasive) cleaners I have used on that particular rifle, including a couple of the ammonia based cleaners I've tried.

Be interested to know how it does on your rifles, Rusty.

Regards,
hm

Back