Lucky Duck predator call?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my idea of a raised pause button didn't last long. Between my first and second stand my little addition fell off. Not sure what the buttons are made of, but getting something to stick to them seems to be a challenge. Going to try super glue next.
With that said I did make 18 stands in the last two days. Called in 21, killed 18, missed one. Sounds are working real good plus the coyotes are thick this year.

Last edited:
That's some incredible numbers! Do you think that's more than you would have gotten with Foxpro sounds?

Originally Posted By: songdogwell my idea of a raised pause button didn't last long. Between my first and second stand my little addition fell off. Not sure what the buttons are made of, but getting something to stick to them seems to be a challenge. Going to try super glue next.
With that said I did make 18 stands in the last two days. Called in 21, killed 18, missed one. Sounds are working real good plus the coyotes are thick this year.

I bought a Six Pak of stick on I-Phone Buttons at Walmart for 25 cents. So far so good. And cute little faces too.

Quote:That's some incredible numbers! Do you think that's more than you would have gotten with Foxpro sounds?
your guess is as good as mine. I killed 13 on Friday, a new personal best which included a quad and a triple. Killed another triple on Sat. morning.

Last edited:
Let me chime in here!

I added a Clear raised button to my Revolution Remote, Scrubbed the existing button with Nail Polish remover and then added 1 drop of Super glue. Button stayed on both Saturday and Sunday.
Don't think it is coming off anytime soon.

Saturday - I used my go to sound on the Revolution and we shot 6 Coyotes, Coyotes were coming in under the 3 minute mark. This tell me that they were close and they liked the sound a lot!
Had 1 miss that I can remember at 70 yards, I have a Burris XTR - 416 on my .243 and it has target knobs. This Coyote at the 2 minute mark was coming fast, I barked and he stopped at 70 yards I fired, WTH? I missed him!!! Kept calling and then heard a shot from my down winder - He had 1 down.

As I was walking over to him I noticed my Elevation was at 2.3 and my windage was at .3. I shot over and to the right of the Coyote. Somehow my dials were adjusted from the truck or me going prone.
I never adjust my windage and 2.3 is my 200 - 200 dial up.

Sunday comes around and we called at least 7 stands in the morning, using the same sound as the day before and not a sign of a Coyote. We did go over to a place we call pet land and ended up seeing 4 coyotes that were nice and comfortable in their little sanctuary! Closest one I ranged was 1195 yards.

Afternoon now upon us and no luck with the go to sound, I had Spoken with Song Dog earlier to ask him what sounds he was using Friday. The light turned on in my head and decided to change it up.

We did 5 more stands before dark and killed a coyote on every stand except the last. 4 for the afternoon for a total of 10 this weekend. 7 came home, 2 had mange and Doctor JM decided to do a little exploratory surgery on a nice big male that we didn't keep.

I added the Luck Duck battery pack to my Revolution, I usually play it all full volume every stand and rotate it early on in the stand just to hit all areas around me, it is crucial to have a guy 100 yards downwind!

The batter pack last all day Saturday and all day Sunday.

Also my other e-callers, 1 stays at home and 1 comes with as a back up in case anything goes wrong with the revolution.

Hey T.R., have you made any archery kills on coyotes lately? That one you killed on Bowmania still stands out to me as one of the best coyote kills ever caught on film.

No Al, once we got that bowmania done I was done trying to call coyotes and kill them with a bow. It's tough. I'll stick with deer hunting with the bow, let the crazies call coyotes with a bow in hand.
wink.gif

I can sure understand your outlook on that, especially in that big country. In the woods, out of treestands, you can get some good shots. Heck, too many shots like that one would put old Rick over the top anyway (LOL).

Glad to see you guys are doing good.

I forgot to add that if you purchase the Revolution E-caller, I would highly suggest you invest in the Lucky Duck rechargeable battery and charger.

I can tell you it is a AA Battery eater if you don't.

Used the same battery for all day Saturday and Sunday. - Not a problem!!

Also - I believe the caller may have a slow battery drain when they are left in the unit for long periods of time. I unplug the battery when done for the day.

There is some sound info on the box. Photo bucket is kicking my butt. But if you pm me an email I can send a pic.

Call or email Ricky direct!

His number is in a post somewhere on PM.

I bought direct from Ricky, got a couple hand calls and a nice T shirt!

Originally Posted By: wysongdogI am probably missing it somewhere but is there a sound library so a guy can look at the list of sounds?

I have the sound list made from my Revolutuion I got from a outdoor box store that stocks them.
Any one wanting it PM me & I will email you a copy.
This is just the basic sounds that are on it.

Songdog and I went out Sunday and we brought along the Revolution!

Songdog shot 4 Coyotes and I shot 4 Coyotes, 1 of mine took 2 rounds from the .243 and continued to make tracks through the snow. We didn't find it and we didn't spend a considerable amount of time looking. We didn't take any pictures but I did take notes of the wind, shot distance and what was sound was playing.

I will share the details/notes when I get home this evening. Normally I have never taken notes and I probably wont again, seems like the sounds were different in the morning than what we used during the afternoon. Saw a total of 18 and this includes 2 we saw while driving.

Winds were around 15+ from Sunrise till 1pm and then dropped considerably after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back