Looking for Pros and Cons of Pulsar XP50 accolade LRF binos

Here's my 2-cents...

I got a lot of hours last winter scanning for yotes from a heli. All during daytime but in very flat light conditions where seeing the yotes with the naked eye is difficult (overcast, snowing etc.) the thermals really make a difference!

I used my Hogster R25, the companies original Accolade XP50 and (I think) Pulsar Core xp50 clip on.

The Core XP50 clip on was the least favorable especially because of it's green tint.
The Accolade is the best because of clarity, ability to detect at much farther distances and being like a bino it was much easier on my eyes than closing 1 eye to scan with a monocular.
I didn't notice an issue with the weight but I didn't need them up to my eyes 100% of the time since it was light out.
As for my Hogster R25 it beat the Core XP50 hands down. While not as good as the Accolade it's also only 1/3 the price!

This last weekend I went calling yotes and I was able to borrow the Accolade for my scanner and kept my Hogster R25 mounted on my rifle. This was WAY nicer than trying to scan and shoot with my Hogster alone!
I would scan holding the Accolade with 1 hand and noticed after a while my arm would get tired so I would switch hands or hold it with both hands. I hunted 4-5 stands each night and although my arm would get tired it was never an issue.

I purchased the Hogster R25 because I knew I would be using it mostly as a scanner but would also be able to mount it to my rifle.
I love my Hogster R25 but now that I can borrow a dedicated scanner I am thinking I should upgrade to the R35 or the Super Hogster????? Just gotta win the lotto first
smile.gif

I don't have experience with thermals other than those mentioned but I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with any of the Hogster products!!! I really like the LCD screen of the Hogster over the AMOLED screen of the pulsar's.

I also use Rechargeable 123A's in my Hogster on an AR .223 and haven't had any issues. I think the biggest concern is if they will stand up to recoil like regular batteries.

Back