Longrange airgun coyote

The airforce condor can be picked up for around 600, then you have the airtank and way to fill it that gets spendy, or you can use a handpump for the cheaper way to do it but when I was shooting with the hand pump I shot way less, since the pumping sucked. My gun started out as a 25 cal I killed a few coyotes with head shots to 60 yards using standard pellets. Then the quest for more power came along and I started rebuilding the gun I changed the barrel to a 28 Inch .257 barrel changed the valve, hammer, and spring. And now its a gun capable of taking coyotes easily with a body shot, I can clean punch through 2x4's at 100 yards this baby isnt a daisy red rider.

I have an airforce condor in 22 cal.
I love shooting it. Those big cal. Air rifles must hit hard. I was happy shooting through a 2x4 at 10 yards.

Originally Posted By: BUCKWHEATI have an airforce condor in 22 cal.
I love shooting it. Those big cal. Air rifles must hit hard. I was happy shooting through a 2x4 at 10 yards.

This one is not stock but I liked it when it was, but now Im shooting through 2x4's at a 100 yards, I love this caliber bucks the wind real well and it does hit hard.

Wow that's a sweet rig you got.......Where could I get one of those is there someone that makes them or can you buy one off the shelf in the 257.

What is the weight of your rig.
Is it semi auto ?
What is the cost to get set up with a tank-Fill equipment.
I have a few spots that hold lots of coyotes but you can't discharge a firearm so I think this would be sweet.

I Assume you can mount regular firearm scopes on it.

Thanks for posting this very interesting

Last edited:
OK I got the gun from pyrmid air,in 25 cal high flow valve, then later purchased the .257 barrel from r&l airguns, I got the valve, hammer and hammer spring from talon tunes. my guess is around 6 pounds never really weighed it. Its a single shot but very quick to reload once you get used to it.
I have the shoe box compressor at the moment around 500. and I have a carbon scba tank i got off of ebay for a couple hundred. as far as scope mounts the rail is 3/8 inch so rimfire rings fit it. If I were going to build another one Id go to airforce air guns and buy a blemished model and save on the gun part or buy one used. first real mod that needs gone even if you stay pellet shooter is remove the safety it sticks and sucks and will scare coyotes off. I dont cock it until im ready to shoot so no safety needed. This platform lends itself to modifications very well, lots of parts out there floating around just gotta look for them. if you want help building one just pm me and I will do my best.

SteveB
Thanks for all the info I did go to R&l air and found your 257 barrel so I emailed Randy on some pricing info I would love to get into the Air rifle my only question is it enough to cleanly make a kill shot I know it's gotta be a well placed shot.I just don't want run offs and spend free time trailing fur the next day.I only hunt coyotes at night with Nv so it would help with noise and having to explain to the local police that what we do is legal and not waste 1/2 hr out at the rd.Once again thanks for the info and I think I should just start researching and if I am gonna pull the trigger I will pm you for a little advise.
Thanks

This gun is enough for quick clean kills, shots need to be good placement, first one I shot at 50 yards whent through both shoulders and the coyote made it about 20 yards and fell out. This one I held for the head since the distance and hit him in the neck he dropped right there. R&L airguns builds the shroud for it too.

Back